Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NEED HELP FROM LOYALE OWNERS! Is this worth the price tag?

Loyal

Someone mentioned the odo wheels are yellow due to "Cali: sunshine.  So they got yellow on every digit on the wheels from the heat from "sitting" yet the seat vinyl has no cracks at all? That is some selective Cali sunshine son. 

Also someone else mentioned the black was the undercoating.  Mine never looked like that until well after 80K of use. To me the pic below looks like they (poorly) powerwashed the undercarriage as the "undercoat" "rust proofing" seems to mysteriously stop partway on the tranny support on each side. 

174.jpg

Looks like on the "Unicorn", they "rustproofed" the rear diff too:

167.jpg

Sloppy Subaru factory covered the identifier plate on the rear diff with that "rust inhibitor". LOL.

Maybe the seller meant it had "18K original miles " AFTER they rebuilt it. You can still call it mint condition after that, right?

Edited by MR_Loyale

SCAM!!!!

Repainted, Not the car from the invoice, WAAAY more oil and grime than 18k miles would have left.  Seized valves? on an 18k mile motor???

My guess is this whole business is a scam that repaints/reconditions cheap cars then rolls back the odometer (or replaces it) to try to claim they are "low miles original" and sells them on Ebay so people can't look too closely until it's too late.

And even if it was all that it says........7000 is just crazy.

SCAM!!!

• Like 3

We all know the original poster "Loyal" is no longer interested in this Subaru.  I was fooled too, until Mr Loyale wisely brought up a few questions.  More important here is..........

This seller, right now, has a number of remarkably low mile vehicles for
sale.  They have a 87 Volvo with 97K miles for sale.  If one looks at
the sellers recent "sold" items: still more remarkably low mile vehicles
......... sold.

Go take it for a test drive  to another dealer and ask them what it is worth as a trade in, point out its very low miles....they will most likely say it is not the low miles making it worth much more at all, it is its age that detracts it from a higher trade in. Low milers are only valuable to the sellers .....

It was made in June 92 according to the plates, so a 92 not a 93

I was referring to the undercoating on the bottom of the floor pan. Trust me, it is undercoating that is aftermarket, not factory. There is oil on other parts and I was not discounting that.  The odometer plastic is very different from vinyl seats. It is possible for it to sustain UV damage and not the seats. I have a few classic bikes that were produced before the gauge pods had UV resistant plastic. The ones that lived outside have the white turned yellow. Generally, vinyl seats don't crack if they just sit when they are exposed to sun. The UV leaches out the oils in the vinyl and dries it out. Then after you sit on it a few or several times, it cracks. You can prolong this by using Armorall which is the worst thing you can put on vinyl. Anyway you look at it, this smells like a dead carp on a boat ramp in the sun after a couple weeks.

I've seen a Lot of Old cars sold by that same company, and all of them were some kind of "Rare - Low Mileage Gems" also, another USMB member purchased from them an october 1984 built, EA82 Turbo sedan with "Low Mileage" and it gave lots of problems, which are related more to Higher Mileage engines. See:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/144303-newbie-here-ea82t-no-spark-at-coiltried-everything-i-think/

Finally, he Sold it:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/150625-1985-gl-turbo-4wd-sedan-for-sale-in-boston-89k-orig-mi/

So, I agree that the seller must be making Scams.

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/151918-need-help-from-loyale-owners-is-this-worth-the-price-tag/

I think Rover Classics should be investigated.  My suspicion and opinion is they cheat, misrepresent, cover up, lie, and rip off people.

Taken from Here:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/151821-the-most-perfect-loyale-youll-ever-see/

• Like 2

RoverClassics new eBay listing: ...........1970 Diesel Suburban..... 3,353 miles.  Amazing

'We have replaced the Starter and the Flywheel. Truck starts up and
drives. Suburban has a temporary gas canister set up under the hood.
Fuel lines going to the gas tank are currently disconnected, because of
clogged fuel tank.

It will be sold with a clear
title and it will be sold as-is, where-is.
"