Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Backyard Boys at play - BIG Air

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's some MAD air! Well done :D

Is that with just doubled up struts all around, 2 on each corner? I remember seeing you guys catching air in an L seires sedan and had some extra suspension on it to handel the jumping. What else was beefed up for that abuse?

Thanks for sharing!

We have some awesome footage from the weekend of an RX roll over, some EJ20T Vortex action, turbo Liberty/Legacy, turbo L wagons action. We have got a stack of pics coming up. All in all some great Subaru action.

As an aside, please note that any distribution of the BYB cd rom other than directly from us is an unauthorised copy and is an infringement of copyright laws, any infractions should be reported to us immediately or to relevant authorities in your state. Please keep this in mind if and when ordering.

Hey guys, have had lots of interest in getting footage from past and present 4x4 outings. So funonwheels will be putting a cd together of material from our website and other footage that is not yet on the site.

I will put information on our site www.funonwheels.net when we have it finished.

Please note, this is not a Backyard Boys cd - Unlike our first cd we distributed.

This will be purely Fun On Wheels, so if you would like any footage of your own vehicle on our new cd please email to us - details are on our website.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Dad has looked at all his footage now from different people and is really happy with himself.

Dad has cleaned all the car and found that the passenger side was crumpled, also had a look under the car and found that where the gearbox crossmember bolts to the lift kit, had pulled away from the chassis but the lift kit is still intact (thankyou Dave from HiRise Subaru for the kit)

The rear diff still intact however upon landing the diff smacked the crossmember and bent/bowed it. Also obviously the struts were bent, but on closer inspection found that when they contracted it pushed the tower top into the bonnet.

Someone asked me what was beefed up on dads car or what he was running etc, here are details

2 litre RS Turbo

Microtech computer

Tuned and dynoed at 250hp

auto 4.44

rear lsd

standard l-series struts with fairlane kingsprings

Hi Rise Lift Kit

For more updates keep checking our site www.funonwheels.net . Dads jump has had 4500 individual hits on Sunday night alone. Thanks to those who have looked.

PS - Dad is seeing a chiropractor this afternoon after back pain and a little neck pain.

Just an update on how the hit rate is going on our site. Previous stats were just purely that night (4500) but have checked stats again and they have updated.

To date we have had 56000 hits, thankyou all for visiting our site.

Funonwheels

Hi

It USED to be a backyard boy car, they no longer want anything to do with the backyard boys and would like people to stop refering to Fossil as a backyard boy please.

HiRise Subaru design and manufacture lift kits, Fossil's car had a Backyard boys lift Kit which was manufactured by HiRise Subaru.

Hi

It USED to be a backyard boy car, they no longer want anything to do with the backyard boys and would like people to stop refering to Fossil as a backyard boy please.

HiRise Subaru design and manufacture lift kits, Fossil's car had a Backyard boys lift Kit which was manufactured by HiRise Subaru.

LOL, nice try. Hirise has been around for all of 4 months. That car has been running around for years. I don't want to go in to any great **** fight here, nor any where for that matter after last time. To put it simply 90% of the cars that are claiming to be "Hirise" cars were running around proudly displaying BYB stickers until the **** fight happened. I don't care that some people no longer want to be associated with us, with some it is actually a blessing, but give credit where credit is due.

Impressive hits. I bet you are glad you could get a few more hits from the BYB name. :banghead: Still trying to sell BYB cds? Seems you are willing to drop the BYB name when it suits you.

How is it when ever I try to post over here, that you manage to get on and turn my posts in to a cat fight? If you want to be "Hi-Rise" Subaru fan, that is fine by me. Just stop trying to ride the BYB name for your own benefit.

Hi there

I think you have taken what i have said out of context.

For the record, yes the lift kit was purchased from Brett at BYB, and we have no complaints about that, and no it was not made by "hirise subaru" it was made by Dave Blandford who is now known as HiRise Subaru - Sorry for the confusion.

We are not trying to play on the byb name , we are merely a site that promotes Fun On Wheels, doesnt have to be subarus, anything with wheels will do.

We are happy to stop producing the first BYB cd at your request, but thought it would be good advertising for you and the BYB's.

We just have had our fair share of problems in the past well before recent disagreements resulting in us removing ourselves from BYB.

I was only passing on a message that Fossil does not want to be known as a Backyard Boy and just plain old Fossil as he has not been part of your bunch for a long time - but yes he was once known as a Backyard Boy.

I am sorry for all the confusion and we do not want to make any problems out of this. Hope this clears up a few things

Fun On Wheels

The weekend at Yandina was great with Fossil taking out the big air (at the cost of the car) but he won $250 to go towards the next project car (unknown at this time)

Another Fun on Wheels supporter took out the ladies tinny race in a suzuki sierra lwb.

Dave from Hi-rise subaru in his lib came second in the mens tinny race.

Unfortunatley the brumby snapped a timing belt and retired for the weekend.

Oh well , theres always next year .

hahah yes he is crazy, thats Fossil for ya. He was planning to take the old suby out with a bang, and i think he did it. He didnt do it for the $250 , he did it cause he could i guess hahah

I guess thats why they say "boys will be boys" or "Boys and their toys", us women will never understand you blokes and your actions

hahahaha

Dave from Hi-rise subaru in his lib came second in the mens tinny race.
Is that the race that you just had to drive in a straight line up and back and collect cans off a post. Can't have been to hard. Sounds like you just need a bit of speed. Is this the same guy that "twinkles cooked the tits off"

One of the highlights of the weekend was Twinkles smoking the tits off Oogah. Cooked them good and proper. Twinkles drove an excellent race to take the win

There will be more photos in the coming weeks i'm sure on www.funonwheels.net as we disassemble the car and check the damage, and also more video as we get it.

I tried to advertise this in a post on the Ausubaru site, but for some strange reason it gets deleted. So much for freedom of speech on that site.

So i will have to put it here.