Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm sure this has been asked before.

What Sealants are to be used on these applications?

Oil Pump:

Oil Pan:

Rocker Covers (I know there is a seal that is there already, but from what I have seen "on the net" is it still doesn't hurt to run a bead around the Cover Lid Lip)  true or false, if so what kind:

Transmission Pan:

Thanks

Subaru Dealer mechanics use Fuji Bond and say its the best.  I've used Permatex Gray and it leaks.

According to my son (Subaru Dealer mechanic) they now use THREEBOND TB1217H 

https://www.flatironstuning.com/p-2919-subaru-three-bond-tb1217h-new-fuji-bond.aspx

Mike,

Do they use in on everything?  When I took the heads, intake, oil pump, oil pan, I looked kinda gray color...

Thank you, Mike

Apparently the original Fuji Bond was black, then grey and now apparently red

So, the big question is: which one is better?  I will ask the guys at Subaru tomorrow...  Have you ever used the Gray stuff? Is it good?  Know where I can find it?

I've used Gray RTV on all of them and it's worked well on many engine and transmissions.  Clean the surfaces well and then I let it cure 24 hours before I put fluid in an start it up.  

Most Subaru Valve Covers have there own seal and it goes on dry.  

"The Right Stuff" has worked perfectly on my oil pumps for two cars at least and probably 200,000 miles between those cars.

Subafreak advised me and he is a Subaru Tech.

Yes , Fuji bond is great too. But you can save some money and I attest that it'll work.

I have used the permatex ultra-grey to good effect on my H6 oil pan. On that car the pan is a little cover that goes on at the bottom of the pan, it actually has to hold in the oil.

At the time it was stated to be effectively the same as the fuji-bond.

The ultra-gray isn't really like silicone at all.