Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sparkyboy

Careful what you wish for-89 gl 3 door

Recommended Posts

In a different thread someone is looking for a tail light and I jokingly commented that I hope it's not a 3 door.

I was having a good day until I spotted this at the junkyard...i almost lost my lunch

The dash is pristine. Blue. 

She's at u pull and pay Denver.

Anyone out of state want anything? 

I only want two of those 8 spoke

Ea81 4 speed d/r

I grabbed what I could before they closed. 

59998705_854159914917166_855566455831894

60227099_854160088250482_17453716169943960244151_854160164917141_120029187573547

So sad...let's at least strip her down to nothing on this final leg of this poor cars journey...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bumpers look nice. Im From Denver too..might have to take a trip to the junkyard. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For sure man she's arrow straight. They should sell drivable cars if they are old enough.

I don't own a 3 door so the stuff I can't use on my subes I'll sell cheap long as it don't go on eBay.

Someone restoring one gets hooked up fat. Will the 4wd selector work on the 5 speed d/r? Other than that I just want the factory radio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve got a mate over here that would love to have that shell!

But that won’t be happening... 

Cheers 

Bennie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like tail lamps are gone. I can possibly get you the rear view mirror. 

Edited by Jmpjose
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@carfreak85

I have the tail lamps! I grabbed mostly trim, badges and what not, grille (nice!) Some cool relays. All the crapola in that last pic up there! 

And that dope "this car is equipped for installation of optional a/c" bezel.

I was on my moped so i could only carry what i could fit in my backpack and carry in one hand or i would have got two of those wheels.

They closed while i was starting on the mud flaps.

Got anything cool you might want to trade? Any xt crap? Lol

Edited by sparkyboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jmpjose Yes, the rear view mirror would be wonderful, the 3-door's mirrors have a longer neck than wagon/sedan mirrors.  Only really interested if it's not sun baked and ratty.  Thanks!

@sparkyboy I'd love to snag the lamps from you, maybe the grill too.  I don't have a lot of XT stuff, just side mirrors and a NOS spare tire glovebox kit to secure a flat in the trunk.  Lots and lots of other old school parts though, wheels, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What kind of wheels? Alloys? :P

Hopefully these tail lights fit in a flat rate box,

i have lots of goodies i would love to trade.

Who knows someone with an 05+? If they dont have a momo steering wheel i have two that would make lovely gift. If not going on ebay $30 + shipping. 

Wood grain and non. 

I have matching shifters too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got Enkei Compe-8s, Turbines, the 4-spoke factory alloys, a set of mesh Enkeis, maybe one other style in 4x140.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sparkyboy  Does it still have the steering wheel and back cover? Would be interested if it does and if it's a 4 spoke.

Edited by tylertrend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Scoby4wd

I will certainly sell the grille to you, however carfreak85 expressed an interest for the grille before you did, so it would only be fair to see if he wants it or not. I'll let ya know! If he passes then for sure man it's yours.

@tylertrend

I'll go back sometime this week and have a look but the steering wheel was there last time I was, which was 10 days ago and it was indeed the 4 spoke and in good shape. It's blue I hope it's still there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sparkyboy said:

 

@tylertrend

I'll go back sometime this week and have a look but the steering wheel was there last time I was, which was 10 days ago and it was indeed the 4 spoke and in good shape. It's blue I hope it's still there!

If it still is I'd be floored to get ahold of it. My original one is blue also. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

@tylertrend

I went back and visited the old girl, and oh man, sorry to get your hopes up, but i was mistaken. It's a two spoke, but in great shape. I grabbed it anyway ha.

Still interested? $40.

I also got the mud flaps if anyone wants or needs those.

 

61126384_862512510748573_576790077081282

60900626_862512664081891_397206488581826

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sparkyboy.. i was there last week and i wanted to take the wheels. I did take one off but when i seen the dent on the inside if the rim i decided to leave them alone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Unknownjeremiah

I'll go back sometime before the end of this weekend. 

Are you referring to the mechanical clutch fan or electric?

@Jmpjose

I saw that, the wheel is still sitting there. I often wonder the reason why beautiful classics wind up in the junkyard still driveable and clean.

I have found many big clues but it's sad to say that I prefer to see an obvious reason, like big crash or engine fire.

The dented wheel on the sube is a clue but who knows? That is one incredibly lousy reason to scrap her...need to turn the engine by hand still.

I saw a 73 camaro with a burned fusible link and a 64 and a 65 Corvair that were clearly a project that someone gave up on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, sparkyboy said:

@Unknownjeremiah

I'll go back sometime before the end of this weekend. 

Are you referring to the mechanical clutch fan or electric?

@Jmpjose

I saw that, the wheel is still sitting there. I often wonder the reason why beautiful classics wind up in the junkyard still driveable and clean.

I have found many big clues but it's sad to say that I prefer to see an obvious reason, like big crash or engine fire.

The dented wheel on the sube is a clue but who knows? That is one incredibly lousy reason to scrap her...need to turn the engine by hand still.

I saw a 73 camaro with a burned fusible link and a 64 and a 65 Corvair that were clearly a project that someone gave up on...

Electric please. I don’t have the mechanical clutch fan though, would that fit on an EA81?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No mechanical clutch fan - just a direct drive. 

It requires a different alternator bracket with it and this doesn’t work with AC. 

Cheers 

Bennie

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heads up! I just seen a 1986 L line subaru at the Pull and Pay in Auroras website. i will try to go scope it out tomorrow. its only been there 1 day. Hopefully theres tons of good parts. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depending on body style and condition I'd be interested in a few parts.

12 hours ago, Jmpjose said:

Heads up! I just seen a 1986 L line subaru at the Pull and Pay in Auroras website. i will try to go scope it out tomorrow. its only been there 1 day. Hopefully theres tons of good parts. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2019 at 10:05 AM, sparkyboy said:

 

@tylertrend

I went back and visited the old girl, and oh man, sorry to get your hopes up, but i was mistaken. It's a two spoke, but in great shape. I grabbed it anyway ha.

Still interested? $40.

I also got the mud flaps if anyone wants or needs those.

 

61126384_862512510748573_576790077081282

60900626_862512664081891_397206488581826

@sparkyboy I'll probably pass this time, only cause I'm very partial to the 4 spoke. Thanks for taking the time to check.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also an 89 gl in CO springs. 

Body is quite rusty. Dual range and wheels are all that is left. Or glass.

There is also a loyale in auroras pull and pay if anyone missed that one in the other thread.

I love what this thread has become...sorta lol can't save em all!

@Jmpjose 

Cars and coffee in Lafayette is next Saturday I'm probably going to take my swapped gl. Bring and old school roo if you don't sleep in on Saturdays!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×