Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2014 OB 4 cylinder Check Engine and Brake light flashing

Why is the brake light flashing with check engine light, but nothing else is on? 2014 H4 OB  

If it’s brake related the traction, ABS and cruise lights would light up. But this isn’t doing that. 

There's a TSB for the parking brake actuator failure.  Though it doesn't mention if the check engine light comes on:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10162997-9999.pdf

Gas cap and oring is fine. I’m going to operate the parking brake a few times, check the coolant level. I’m traveling for holiday and not my car so I’ll drive it later to read codes at store. 

Edited by idosubaru

9 hours ago, Daskuppler said:

The brake light flashed in my 14 Forester when brake fluid was low. I don't recall the cel being in though. Any codes?

P0171 Bank one system lean. 

A vacuum hose issue might cause brake issue and system lean?  I'll check brake booster?

On 12/26/2022 at 3:35 PM, 1 Lucky Texan said:

seems weird but I know little about the newer cars - probably check brake fluid too I guess. You could try a battery disconnect reset......

Right on, didn't cross my mind.  It is full.  Today he said the parking brake didn't work. I found a TSB for 2010-2014 unlimited mileage 15 year extended warranty on the automatic parking break module. 

TSB 06-71-19R

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10166898-0001.pdf

• Like 1