Ultimate Subaru Message Board

See, we DO have rust in Washington!

Yea we have rust here in Colorado too, my truck is almost worse than that nissan. Hard to see with the wife's legacy in the way but I can put my fist through that hole in the bed. Oh well just my playtime & towing truck.

rust.jpg

Wasn't nearly that bad until they started using that Mag-Chloride "No Rust" stuff on the roads instead of gravel....yea right talk to me or any mechanic it defintely causes rust.

What you can't see below, is that there was a 'V' cut 2x6 wedged between the strut towers to keep them from collapsing in, and I tried to place some blocks under the frame rail below the drivers door, and the blocks just pushed through the floor. I had to use a long 2x6 on top of the blocks to hold it up while I parted it....

79-58.jpg

I owned a "Washington native" 82 DL brat that was badly cancered. Rockers, floor pan and bed were like swiss cheese.

And I almost bought a '82 GL wagon that looked sweet until I became curious about the fuzzy white corrosion on the waaay to clean engine. I started poking around and found that the whole car was bondo and the shock & strut towers just barely intack. Upon questioning the seller, it came out that the car was a Washington coast surf-mobile and spent most of it's life cruising the beaches. Some other chump eventually bought that POS.

Rust? That's not rust...

That's probably just a victim of some minor Atomic testing.

(the only way to tell is look at it at night and see if it glows)

I could pull a "Flintstone" to stop my old Subaru!

Rust? You never lived in SALT LAKE CITY!

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer---now rust free:D

01 Forester---traces of rust already:mad: