Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Andy Is The Greatest

I am not certain if this is the right place, but, here it goes.

Andy, here in Spokane, came over in August and replaced my clutch. My son and I helped him but he did tne majority of the work and provided the expertise.

Andy did a great job and I would recommend him to anyone in Spokane who needs to have their Subaru serviced.

Ekimyerac

Michael Carey

nice to know, I'm doing brakes at the moment, but I don't think I'll need much help with that. Either of you guys (or anyones else for that matter) know where I can get front calipers for fairly cheap (I think mine are gonna be trashed, the brakes make a huge amount of noise whenever I apply them). But I'll keep you in mind, I might need help with a transmission within the next year ;) .

sounds like i need to find a small tent trailer to tow with the brat, and take my show on the road :P

stock, you can get calipers at pull n save for $6.00 each or if spaldings/whiteys have them, for (probably) $30ish each. you get what you pay for though :P

you might just need the rotors turned though.

sounds like i need to find a small tent trailer to tow with the brat, and take my show on the road :P

stock, you can get calipers at pull n save for $6.00 each or if spaldings/whiteys have them, for (probably) $30ish each. you get what you pay for though :P

you might just need the rotors turned though.

3 things: ANdy rocks!! He has been very helpful just in emails alone. Someday, since he lives down the road somewhere local, I will meet the imfamous Andy;)

second...yeah, what he said about the spaldings and pull n save...if you'd like, give me an email cause I can usually get 70% off brand new...but I would take the car to altons for a FREE brake inspection, then Schwabs also for a FREE brake inspection...just to verify whats exactly wrong.

third...if you need rotors, I have 4 that are basically brand new, with brand new pads for next to nothing.

um, altons would be about last on my list of choices :-\

poor boys on division (across from the General Store) has some of the best rates in town and they're an honest shop

there's a subaru specialty shop called Hopkins on Nevada right below Bridgeport st. the guy had been a pro subaru tech for 20 years. i had him look at my turbowagon when i was nailing down its problem, and he was honest about telling me that it wouldnt' be worth it to ME to pay him to do any more for it, especially since he recognised that i am comfortable doing as much of my own work as possible.

Andy,

I am trained in CPR so if you just make a quick stop and pick up CALEBZ in Texas on the way to Connecticut, we may yet be able to save him... and then put in some time on the Subaru as well. If we can't save him... well then we'll just have more time to work on the cars. :brow: I've got dibs on his GL-10 just in case.

um, altons would be about last on my list of choices :-\ /QUOTE]

sorry for the mis-understanding...all I was saying was : for a FREE inspection try those places....thats all. Cause it sounded like there was uncertanty about if the calipers were actually bad or not???? I WOULD NEVER TAKE MY RIG TO ALTONS FOR WORK :banghead:

jeeesh....I give a guy some kudos and he smacks me upside the head....what a tough crowd:-p :lol: