Ultimate Subaru Message Board

for those of you who were following my threads about SUV tires on my Legacy, i finally got the new tires.......sorry for wasting everyone's time, i went one size bigger all around (205/65R15) Goodyear Regatta 2s.

though they're not as exciting as some kind of off road tire, i do HIGHLY recomend anyone with a 2nd gen legacy to go the one size bigger. the tires don't have that flat look to them, they fill out the wheel wells better and the car handles smoother and doesn't feel as small. another good thing is that the bigger size, though bigger, isn't really big enough to effect the speedometer a whole lot.

• 5 months later...
i'll give pics if you vote Bush :brow:

What if we can't vote Bush, and wouldn't anyway? And what will we do now that W. has already won his second term. I don't want to waste my vote the next time around. Can we see the pictures with no strings attched?

I'm pretty sure my OBW has 205/70's so there's no reason a 205/65 should have any problems with rubbing. I was actually thinking of going to a 215/70 or 75 next time I need tires, just to give me a little extra clearance.

I'll jump in here too, since its fun..

I'm running 205x75x14's which are like 2 " larger diameter than stock. They fill the wheel well fine, with the outback strut swap... all-in-all i gained like 3 inches clearance...

for those of you who were following my threads about SUV tires on my Legacy, i finally got the new tires.......sorry for wasting everyone's time, i went one size bigger all around (205/65R15) Goodyear Regatta 2s.

though they're not as exciting as some kind of off road tire, i do HIGHLY recomend anyone with a 2nd gen legacy to go the one size bigger. the tires don't have that flat look to them, they fill out the wheel wells better and the car handles smoother and doesn't feel as small. another good thing is that the bigger size, though bigger, isn't really big enough to effect the speedometer a whole lot.

Hey, so did the outback strut swap work for you? I remember you asking me about it a while back.. I've been out of touch with this board for a while...

-mw-

I went from 185/70-14s to 205/55-16s. Can you guess why? Anyway, the wheels look so much better than the 14s with hubcaps, the tires fill out the wheel wells a bit more, and they don't rub at all. The tires are pretty close to the spring perches in the back, which might cause a problem if I replace them with another 205/55 with a wider section width. I'll probably go down to a 205/50 with my next set, though, and I think the new struts I'm putting in give a little more room, anyway.