Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Turbo Brumby Q's

Here is a front damaged 1983 Brumby going up for auction in Australia:

http://www.fowles.com.au/auctions/lot.aspx?auction=DQ442&number=1639124

I few questions:

Even tho its a GL it looks to be the single headlight, is this correct?

What ratio is the 4SPD 4x4 AUTOMATIC tranny, hehe i want lsd?

And what do you think is a good price, as i wont it for its rear discs, lsd(obvisously) and a turbo motor would also be welcome in my brumby if its still good? I will probably use some of the GL electronics aswell e.g. int. windscreen wippers, elec windows, it says its got a sterio and maybe tilt steering column.

I few questions:

And what do you think is a good price, as i wont it for its rear discs, lsd(obvisously) and a turbo motor would also be welcome in my brumby if its still good? I will probably use some of the GL electronics aswell e.g. int. windscreen wippers, elec windows, it says its got a sterio and maybe tilt steering column.

hard to say what ratio it is,as it had to be a custom conversion, but since it's a 1.8 turbo according to the listing, it's probably got a 3.70 ratio.

The Brumbys came in REgular and "Sport" models. didn'tt think they had theDL/GL badging....

Bob I would not trust anything the auction company says. Go look at this Brumby first. As you've noted the listing states the vehicle is a GL yet single headlamps. I've noticed the vin number is incorrect-the 10th letter from the left should be a letter not a number. At a salvage auction here in the states this vehicle would bring around $200 US. Another $100 if it was started and did not smoke.

I few questions:

hehe went to check it out today under the hood is an ej20t wrx auto and 4.44 rear vlsd. Its got the brakes i wont. But i think this brumby has just gone out of my pricew range, Unless noone knows its there and im the only bidder.

Go for it, that would be a nice score at an auction, did the motor look like it survived the crash?

yeh all the rad and coolers where screwed but the block looks untouched. One of the belts has ripped and the fuse box has been obliterated but thats about all thats wrong with the engine. Btw how many horses does a an ej20t put down stock? Yeh and the poor sucker only did the conversion in late 2002 says the compliance plate. Oh yeh its got like a 3 inch pipe a bit back from the turbo:burnout:. It has like a 1 inch lift, would i need this extra inch when I am swaping into my Brumby :headbang:? Hopefully mine stays on the road little longer than his did :rolleyes:.