Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ya'll wont believe this...

WJM

I get 26 with my Bad Boy RX sedan on the Hwy.......And thats With very aggresive Driver behind the wheel....... :grin:

We had Fun with it Yesterday Morning up in 5"-10"s of Snow.....Till I tore all the Teeth off the Driver side T-belt.......:(

I guess thats What I Get for Romping it up to 7500-8000 rpm in 3rd and 4th gears in Low range Drifting Corners at 45-60mph........Oh well.....I know a Guy Who works on them.......:slobber::D

The Chevron Fairy put gas in your car while you weren't looking :-p
There was a great Car Talk story about this... Click and Clak worked with a guy with a Econo car, was real proud of his MPG.

So the Tom & Ray start putting gas in the tank when the guy isn't looking. His mpg calculation kept going up and up. He thought he was getting 70-80 mpg.

After a few weeks of that, they started siphoning gas out when he wasn't paying attention. Talk of his extraordinary mpg stopped abruptly. :)

The Safari Wagon got 27mpg nonstop from CO to VT.

Mine got somewhere between 22 and 24 on the trip back to Anchorage after installing the SPFI. Doing 75 through a few inches of snow sucks up a little extra gas, and the cold temps certainly don't help anything. I expect she'll get up around 27-28 once I play with the timing a little bit (seems a bit retarded right now, and I have no baseline to start from since the Delta cams want WAY different timing that the factory setup). Not too bad for a lifted wagon I suppose, and WAAAY better than the 17-18 I was getting with the Weber.

I had to put the FWD fuse in my '92 Legacy Turbo Touring Wagon LE last week on a trip from Denver to Rapid City, SD. (Why is another story).

Not only does my car seem to have more pep, but my gas mileage just soared! I usually gas up in Lusk, WY then have to top off in Cheyenne to make it home to Denver (about 240 miles total), then have maybe half a tank left.

I gassed in Lusk as usual, drove all the way to Denver, and around town for 2 more days! When I did stop for gas, I still had a quarter tank!! :headbang::eek: No actual count, but I'm figgering about 28-32mpg which is awesome for my car!

I'm having Rick put a switch on the dash to be able to switch back and forth between FWD and AWD as needed.

Emily

http://www.ccrengines.com

I am actually not that impressed... my turbo 4wd XT got 31mpg doing ~80mph for 300 miles+ and lots of highway hills and such.... in 100 degree summer heat, with an ea82 longblock in the trunk :banana:

so neener neener!

:-p :grin:

BASTAGE! You and your areodynamic wedge.... :-p

my Brat with a 1600 in it ('78 mind you) with the stock carb that I rebuild with different rebuild kits plus the electronic disty upgrade I was getting 30mpg+ around town and going to my parents house about 20 miles away. I wonder what it would have gotten with my foot out of it..........;)

I am actually not that impressed... my turbo 4wd XT got 31mpg doing ~80mph for 300 miles+ and lots of highway hills and such.... in 100 degree summer heat, with an ea82 longblock in the trunk :banana:

so neener neener!

:-p :grin:

The secret was that engine in the trunk!!!

My new-to-me '90 T-Loyale AUTOMATIC with broken uppipe got 35-36 mpg on its drive home to me. But my '87 T-wagon w/5spd doesn't get above 25mpg. :-\

Maybe if I carried a longblock in the back...