Ultimate Subaru Message Board

att- northwet or his stops

weather here is rain no chance of snow, but IOWA looks nasty, if you take 30 from chicago it is all 4 lane though indiana, and most of ohio, and 30 goes to I-75 , take 75 south to exit 99 get off exit ramp turn right , go to stop light turn left go though next stop light [ honda plant] and i am down 1-2 miles from there , i live on county road 25a, if any problems call me , you should have my phone #

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a call from Pat about two hours ago. He was about 55 miles south of Casper, Wy on I-25 but he lost his 4wd in his rig. He was asking about the best way to get here because the roads are NASTY! Hopefully he'll be able to make it here in about 5 hours or so but he said he's doin about 35-40mph...

weather here is rain no chance of snow, but IOWA looks nasty, if you take 30 from chicago it is all 4 lane though indiana, and most of ohio, and 30 goes to I-75 , take 75 south to exit 99 get off exit ramp turn right , go to stop light turn left go though next stop light [ honda plant] and i am down 1-2 miles from there , i live on county road 25a, if any problems call me , you should have my phone #

yes, they are nasty here. today the side streets were the worst they've been this year. main roads were okay though. lots of freezing rain. high of 26 or so today...

I did see on the weather channel this morning that there were lots of mtn passes closed, etc... out that way...

thanks for the update....

we'll keep the light on for you Pat :)

Got a PM from him at Russ's place.Trailer lights wasted,he got a new rig up at Waldomart,should be ok now......I hope.

It's snowing here but should hit 60 degrees on Thursday....go figure.Roads aren't too bad on the shoreline.

Pat,be careful bud.Main highways are fine according to the Weather Channel......at least in the northeast,along I-80,I-84

Hi folks. Thanks for all of your concerns and well wishes. Things are getting sorted out... the 4wd dieing was a real pain, and shows that even new, $20k cars can have troubles. That, and I was really wishing for a 4wd lever that I could just pull.

I lost all of the wiring on the tow dolly... they routed some of it inside the fender well, so when Snow was kicked up on it it just iced over and eventually broke under the weight. Same for the wiring exposed along the axle. Thank goodness for wallyworld.

The passes were pretty nasty, and was especially unpleasant when the 4wd didn't work. Things should be better now... ice storms notwithstanding.

The high points have all been the people along the way. Pat out in Moxee, Monstaru and Baccaruda in Spokane, Caboobaroo here. And, amazingly, several auto service people like the Speedy Lube guy in Bozeman and the Ford Service guy in Douglas, WY, who had 3 days of work scheduled before me, but took the time to do some general diagnostics and call around for a shop that wasn't swamped.

And, not to sound too cheesy, you folks. :)

Hey Paul let me know when he gets there. What are some of the old FORD comments For old retired Doctors, Found on road dead,f-----d on race day,I dont think the Ford Exploder was designed to carry 7000 lbs inside and pull 1600 lbs outside....Happy trails Pat Your Brat will be waiting for you to return...........................Pat Moxee Motors...icon10.gif.........

Hey Paul let me know when he gets there. What are some of the old FORD comments For old retired Doctors, Found on road dead,f-----d on race day,I dont think the Ford Exploder was designed to carry 7000 lbs inside and pull 1600 lbs outside....Happy trails Pat Your Brat will be waiting for you to return...........................Pat Moxee Motors...icon10.gif.........

Sure thing.I'll call you when the blessed moment occurs. :)