Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need Pic of early 80's GL coupe

I have been searching for a good pic of an early 80's GL coupe to use as wallpaper on my puter...since that is what I want ..I want to keep reminding myself of what I am working for. So if anyone has a really nice shot of one I would really appreciate it.

1982 GL Coupe with Enkies I owned for a while. Put a 5spd and a Weber on it, it scooted real good. Traded it for my Hatch.

goldmember2.jpg

1982 GLF Coupe, my first Soob. 5spd all stock, to many speeding ticks.

82glfsoob.jpg

Then theres my last Coupe, the 84 4wd Turbo.

coupertfrt.jpg

I'm thinking the next Coupe is going to be a little, uh, extreme :brow:

1982 GL Coupe with Enkies I owned for a while. Put a 5spd and a Weber on it, it scooted real good. Traded it for my Hatch.

goldmember2.jpg

1982 GLF Coupe, my first Soob. 5spd all stock, to many speeding ticks.

82glfsoob.jpg

Then theres my last Coupe, the 84 4wd Turbo.

coupertfrt.jpg

I'm thinking the next Coupe is going to be a little, uh, extreme :brow:

huh, 2 of the 3 are black.

nice!

Turbone....I wanted to put all three:grin: but I put the center one up.If I had a good color printer.......or even a printer...I would have printed all three out and hung them on my wall!!Actually I saved all of them on my puter so I can switch now and then. Thanks again!

To your 'door' question, The answer is YES they are the same, also the little hatchback has the same doors. As for calling this model a 'coupe' it's a bit misleading as some years Subaru called it a coupe, but other years it it called a 2 door hardtop. A 'real' coupe is like a '87 RX three door or an XT. The '80-'85 (yes there was an '85 2dr hardtop, before the XT coupe got here) 2 door hardtop has a rear quarter window that rolls down and a real 'coupe', the side rear quarter window is stationary or just flips out at the back edge (like the '80-'87 hatchback). Gary