Ultimate Subaru Message Board

power to the lights on roof?

mcbrat

How has everyone done theirs?

on my old '82 Mountain Grizzly Wagon, I ran a wire all the way to the back, and came out the rear hatch at the top so the wire just layed over the seal... then to the roof rack?

My '80 wagon has a wire coming up the inside of the B pillar, and then out through the window seal to the lights.

Mine goes through where the antenna used to be. I riveted on an aluminum plate to cover most of the hole, then drilled a hole into it and ran the wires through there. Before that, I went through the corner of the windshield seal.

On EA82 you can run it where the antenna comes out. You can still do it if you use the antenna. Pull the trim off the inside of the pillar, unscrew one bolt, pry the antenna bracket out a lil bit, push the wire through, use black urethane to fill in the gap between the bracket and the pillar. Then run the wire in the plastic trim above the top of the doors. run a small bead of urethane down in that trim channel. You wont be able to see the bead if you make it narrow enough to go all the way to teh bottom