Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need help with a logo for this year's WCSS

Wouldnt miss it for the world. Expecially when the boss okay's the days off :)

So... what about these logos? Anything you guys think need to be adjusted?

-Brian

I told my new boss in november that i needed an undetermined friday off in the summer for a subaru show, he just laughed, and i said that if i can't get it then i quit. luckily we came to an agreement.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I can manage to get off the base for a time, then I will be there. It's just that this seems to be getting more and more Washington oriented. I mean the big state for the logo is just a tad much. Heck, we've got almost as many people from Oregon, and the name is West Coast, that covers quite a bit of area.

I really like this one but possibly get rid of the Subarus and put Subaru. I definately agree about the Subaru blue and gold too. Again, the incorporation of the Subaru symbol would be nice too. You guys are really coming up with some good ideas though. I am very impressed! Keep the ideas coming. The only problem is that they are all so good, it may be hard to decide in the end.

hmmmmm hard to choose, but maybe I can offer an idea for a compromise?

Instead of a map of the entire state of WA, just have a blown-up map-quest style mini-map with shelton shown in relation to I-5 (this would be in the back-round) and then put your stylized WCSS7 logo on top, with the info for date and location centered below the logo, and have the old subie symbol on the left, and the new subie symbol on the right :cool:

Man I wish I knew how to put that picture together myself here .. hehe I hope my idea is easy enough for you to visualize :drunk:

okay I'm tired, and the pen (mouse) is wobbly.

wcss7d.jpg

That's very cool. But German Crosses? Subarus? Choppers maybe, but Subarus? Las year had the outline of Oregon State, we thought it would be cool to go with the theme. Who knows? Maybe next year one or more of you California guys will wanna step up and spend the time and effort to organize it down there so it will be officially the West Coast show and not the Pacific Northwest show. I didn't name the show, I'm just trying to keep it alive.

Blue and yellow rocks. btw.

On yours Junkie. Could you shrink the WCSS7 and put it inside the state? The Soobie stars shrunk down and placed over Shelton is a cool idea too.

This started as fun, kind of a parody of "West Coast Choppers". It just fit with West Coast Subarus, and it looked very cool. I don't think HD riders would approve, but all in fun.

I agree with Zap. I think it should be in the Washington outline too, and keep the WEST COAST SUBARU SHOW as title. We'll get it into Calif someday to complete the coastal claim. :D ...of course, when it comes to Calif, we will have to use ultra-tall (yard) beer steins to fit the entire state on them - :lol:

This started as fun, kind of a parody of "West Coast Choppers". It just fit with West Coast Subarus, and it looked very cool. I don't think HD riders would approve, but all in fun.

I agree with Zap. I think it should be in the Washington outline too, and keep the WEST COAST SUBARU SHOW as title. We'll get it into Calif someday to complete the coastal claim. :D ...of course, when it comes to Calif, we will have to use ultra-tall (yard) beer steins to fit the entire state on them - :lol:

Well I guess we could have one in Hilt, CA.

Me and some of the locals have already thought about having a WCSS here. Most likely in Northern Cali, north of Redding or the redding area.

Zap, i can do alittle more work but I gotta find the time. I Have to get ready for a poker tourney tonight, so I wont have a logo done until tomorrow at the earliest.

-Brian

I made the text alittle smaller to fit inside the State alittle better:

SJ7

colorstate2.jpg

And here is a Black & White version:

SJ8

bwstate4.jpg

and then here's another with the star behind the WCSS.

SJ9

bwstate3.jpg

Sorry, there's no practical way for me to remove the map lables for the colored version.

-Brian

I think a show in Northern California would be way cool and fun, But most of the people on the board seem to be from Oregon and Washington. How many members would SERIOUSLY drive from there down this way, it seems like there's only 4 or 5 of us driving all the way up to Shelton, but how many would have to drive all the way down this way, 25-30? More? It doesn't seem reasonable. I'm not sayin it can't be done, it would just be hard.

I think a show in Northern California would be way cool and fun, But most of the people on the board seem to be from Oregon and Washington. How many members would SERIOUSLY drive from there down this way, it seems like there's only 4 or 5 of us driving all the way up to Shelton, but how many would have to drive all the way down this way, 25-30? More? It doesn't seem reasonable. I'm not sayin it can't be done, it would just be hard.
That's why I suggested Hilt, CA, you can't get any further north on I-5 in California and not be in Oregon.

If I can manage to get off the base for a time, then I will be there. It's just that this seems to be getting more and more Washington oriented. I mean the big state for the logo is just a tad much. Heck, we've got almost as many people from Oregon, and the name is West Coast, that covers quite a bit of area.

Adam, check the logo's from last years show. Oregon show had Oregon logo. Kind of makes sense that a Washington show would have a Washington logo doesn't it?

Enough about the Washington Subaru Show. This is a West Coast deal. And until someone else steps forward and takes some leadership to start, run and completely set up a show we shouldn't be expected to drive all over the west coast setting these up. We didn't get any kind of reembursement for any of our mileage and gas expenses. We set this up because we thought it would be nice for some of the southern people who have travelled many times to northern Washington. And...let's not even start talking about long distance phone bills. We want everyone to come and have fun. This should be the best yet.

Actually, I enjoy the long trips to the WCSSes. It's nice to get away to a beautiful setting for awhile, the event is a destination.

Of course, meeting and hanging with other Subaru nuts is extra bonus:D .