Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Motor is here - links for pics

I havn't seen the motor yet, he is driving it up this weekend. I'm going to have to swap out the bell housing as mine has the top mounted starter -- but I'm going to keep the old one for the D/R tranny swap later on down the road.

I do see the "gouge" in the pics ... I'll call him and ask. Will that need to be replaced since I am swaping out bell housings ?

I havn't seen the motor yet, he is driving it up this weekend. I'm going to have to swap out the bell housing as mine has the top mounted starter -- but I'm going to keep the old one for the D/R tranny swap later on down the road.

I do see the "gouge" in the pics ... I'll call him and ask. Will that need to be replaced since I am swaping out bell housings ?

the "gouge" to me looks like the permatex sealant smeared on it is all....

There is the very rare JDM high compression motor which was almost a myth at some point... but I had one in my Brat and lemme tell you, that motor put some power out! Now XSNRG owns it and is going to give it a good home since I'm upgrading to a bigger motor for my Brat minitruck.

higher power, hydraulic lifters, bigger carb, ea82 accessory compatibility, ea81 valves, ea81/82 bell housing compatibility, bigger intake manifold...Late model ea71s were made for 'L-series' 85-94 body style..what guys call ea82 body style on here..

So is there a possibility that this motor wont work with my US ea71 carb or intake manifold?

• 3 months later...

That depends on if the heads' manifold ports are any different. At least, I would think that is the only factor. But why would they be?

Russel: you should have bought the dual carb EA71 manifold off Andrew and built the ************ out of that motor. Something like WRX pistons (since they are the same bore) sleeved, cammed, and port matched heads/intake.