Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I stole it.....XT

Well, he was not happy, but not my fault. I scored a 86 XT Turbo 5-SPD 4WD, for $356, over the weekend. He had it listed on e-bay. He did not spell Subaru correctly, not even sure how I found it. The body work is all ready done and primed. He did not have a reserve. So I got it. Drove it home from Spokane.

He tried to cancel the bid, but e-bay would not let him.

So moral of the story....okay two morals....1) if you list something on e-bay and want a so much for it put reserve on it, 2) Who, cares, I got a deal.

So now, must decide which of the two is going to be the parts car and the driver, both run.

HHhhhmmmm. *(Sarcastically)* You can give one to me and keep one for yourself. Then both cars will be happy because they both will get to live!!!:lol: Just kidding!!! LOL

Actually, if they both run, I would drive both of them. You know, give driving a little variety. Spice things up a little bit.

BTW, Congratulations on getting the XT. Sounds like that guy was trying to pull some shady stuff with you, and still you prevailed.

Well, he was not happy, but not my fault. I scored a 86 XT Turbo 5-SPD 4WD, for $356, over the weekend. He had it listed on e-bay. He did not spell Subaru correctly, not even sure how I found it. The body work is all ready done and primed. He did not have a reserve. So I got it. Drove it home from Spokane.

He tried to cancel the bid, but e-bay would not let him.

So moral of the story....okay two morals....1) if you list something on e-bay and want a so much for it put reserve on it, 2) Who, cares, I got a deal.

So now, must decide which of the two is going to be the parts car and the driver, both run.

Cool, nice grab on that one. I was watching it too but decided I didn't need another car sitting around. :lol:

Yes, well. He did forget to mention that it had a cracked windsheild, and had not been cleaned inside, since it was new.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7962298646&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

dang. nice parts runner. i wish i would have seen that one bfore you so i couldve auction sniped ya....... :brow:

I was going back and forth from e-bay to the board...watching to see if someone found it and put it on here.....I was sweating it. Would have paid more, but did not really want to, after buying the 87 earlier in the month, I have gone way to far into the auto spending budget.... :eek:

I was going back and forth from e-bay to the board...watching to see if someone found it and put it on here.....I was sweating it. Would have paid more, but did not really want to, after buying the 87 earlier in the month, I have gone way to far into the auto spending budget.... :eek:

LOL. im up to three now (total vehicles #ing 5, sold the danger ranger 2 weeks ago) and was going to pick one up earlier this month but it fell through cause it turned out it had a salvage title and i wasnt going to pay what he wanted for it. getting married may 1st and my girl doesnt want me blowing all my cash on subies.:rolleyes: as much as she likes them and all. turns out, her dad used to drive a '77 wagon? i think it was '77. 4x'ed it hiking/camping/shooting/hunting/exploring everywhere so she loved subies. call me lucky :) nice score on the XT. i want to find a turbo wagon for long haulin'.

yeah you need to secure your car buying!! :rolleyes: especially long drives to oregon......... well i guess i'll shut cause that's where all mine get modified. but i still spend more.... :lol: by the way where are those pics of it. you are supposed to send me pics of my new vacation/ around town car?!