Ultimate Subaru Message Board

highest mileage update

Nowhere near the record, but the totals and lack of problems are pretty impressive, I think:

'82 d/r 4spd hatchback had 242K when it got rear ended and totaled about 5 years ago - original engine with just regular maintenance. I still have it and will use it for parts (if necessary) for ....

another '82 d/r 4 spd hatchback running OK at 176k - my local winter beater.

'87 d/r 5 spd spfi 3 door has 280K - just put junkyard engine (120k) in about 10k ago & runs as well as ever. Original engine was still running OK, but getting tired - probably just needs rings. Only problem I ever had with original engine was low oil pressure at about 180k, new oil pump took care of that. Still had original clutch in it when I switched engines at 270k (it's used mostly for long distance highway driving)!

'89 d/r 5 spd spfi wagon has 150k no problems except panasonic a/c compressor - thinking about replacing with hitachi unit.

That's 848k Subaru miles on 4 cars.

And - with the current high gas prices, did I mention that the 3 door routinely gets 33mpg (doing 70-75 mph) and the wagon about 30 mpg for all around driving?

Oh, yeah. Just for kicks I also have an '87 5sp 4.0 jeep cherokee with 210k - with nothing done other than routine maint and a couple of injectors replaced. Used to tow a 15' travel trailer. Runs really strong.

190.000 still ticking strong! Raced 2002 hynda on the track in 1/4 mile with stock carbed 86 gl wagon 4x4 with no cat and the loudest T.O.D you ever herd. I beat him by half car lenth all the way.Was a race for charity at local airport! Every thing else blow me a way! The kid in the other car was realy tring to. Was taking my car to 6500 hundred R.P.Ms before shifts,Never let of the gas once just held it to the floor and let it fly.Didnt get a time in1/4 because it was just between to cars no timers. probaly hit 78 mph at least LOL.

• 6 months later...

Just bought my wife a 97 Corolla and joined the toyotanation.com site so I can fix it when needed. Those guys were bragging about a Corolla they "heard of" that got 206,000 miles on it. That was the highest I could find mentioned over there. Seems kind of low compared to some of the Subarus on this site. I thought Toyotas were built like tanks....

161k on my 81 sub, loudest tod ever(cause it was sittin... :( )

had 156k on my dads 01 obw before we sold it in 03

320k on my 83 nissan 720 4x4 kingcab... but thats not a subaru, its still a beast(although quite gutless)

dad had an early 80s toyota van that had 450k on it before we got rid of it... toyota goes far if you take care of em but I've been hearing a lot bout newer model (since late 80s)toyotas throwing rods between 160-200k miles on the 4cyl engines that came after the 22r

• 3 months later...

mine all have under 140K on em but i have seen 4 high mileage troopers in PAP over the years:

87 4x4 wagon - 440K

85 2 door sedan - 465K

and the winna IS!!!!

a MINT grandma owned and operated (even had the catholic cross on the dash :lol: ) 1980 fully loaded 2wd wagon - same khaki as my veronica - showing 598,387 MILES!!!! i even wrote the mileage down as i was so impressed. i wish

mine all have under 140K on em but i have seen 4 high mileage troopers in PAP over the years:

87 4x4 wagon - 440K

85 2 door sedan - 465K

and the winna IS!!!!

a MINT grandma owned and operated (even had the catholic cross on the dash :lol: ) 1980 fully loaded 2wd wagon - same khaki as my veronica - showing 598,387 MILES!!!! i even wrote the mileage down as i was so impressed.

Those guys were bragging about a Corolla they "heard of" that got 206,000 miles on it.

I just bought a '93 Corolla with 205K on it (it was cheap) and there's no sign of it giving up, and I've had a '97 Prizm for over five years and the only thing that's ever broken on it was the starter contacts.

My '92 Loyale (Samo's "old one" mentioned earlier in this thread) has some sort of head problem (I think it's a crack) but when I get that fixed, it'll pass 200,000 miles soon after. I plan to keep fixing and driving it until it deteriorates around me like in a cartoon.

I just bought a '93 Corolla with 205K on it (it was cheap) and there's no sign of it giving up, and I've had a '97 Prizm for over five years and the only thing that's ever broken on it was the starter contacts.

My sister has a beater 91 Corolla with over 220K miles. Engine is still running fine. But body is rusted, brakes need work, CV needs replaced, exhaust hole before cat, 2 door handles don't work, 1 door doesn't open and 1 only opens halfway, 2 of the (manual) windows don't track, etc, etc. The auto tranny shifts fine however.

I saw one in the Junk Yard in Moab last weekend :-\

The mileage on the car was 299990.6 :eek:

This poor 1600 was 9.4 miles from 300000 when it got hit. :banghead:

I felt kinda bad for the poor fella.

You should have tied a rope to it and dragged the 9 miles. You owe it to that poor little soob.

Jordan