Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I wrecked my wagon!!pics!!

On monday i was headed to work and a drunk lady in front of me slamed on the brakes and i hit her. She left the sence after i got her plate #. And when the cops went to try and find her so took off with a friend on his motercycle.they spent the night in jail. i hopping i can get her insurence to pay for my car. But unfortanly no more auto cross for me this year.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Is it totalled? If so, just find a good shell to transfer all your goodies into!

it is fixable but insurence will probly total it. but i have a three door i can put all my goodies in. but unfornatly it is just a carbed. well i guess it is ms&edis time

You can't change the past but...

It sounds like things are working out well.

If they total the car you can mess with it even more.

Or if it's not fixable, you do have your three door.

You may get some play money out of this?

Hope everything goes well!

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

Sorry for your loss, but I have two less-than-pleasant thoughts:

1) Our 87 t-wagon was "totaled" with just 2 mildly scrunched fenders and hood. If the other person's insurance makes the decision, your car is probably totaled, as they don't care about you as a customer.

2) In most places, unless you were backed-over, if you hit the back end of another vehicle then you bear some of the fault. The reasoning is that if you leave a safe following distance then you will not hit someone even if they unexpectedly stand on the brakes.

I agree that as long as your car is fixable/driveable, keep it. If the insurance company "totals" it see how much buyback would be. In our case, it was less of a hassle and expense for the InsCo to let us have the car as part of the settlement. (Buyback would have been about $100.)

Doesnt look too awful, glad youre ok though. Lotsa Subaru's out there ya know.

yeah and lots of them are at Stans house too:lol: Dude we can pull the core support off of that maroon wagon that I got the gastank from and weld it onto the front of the turbowagon if yours is too bad to fix. Looks like it can be repaired though...

thats an easy fix. start by using a come-a-long to a pickup truck bumper. hook it to the core support where the V is. ratchet on it until the core support bends about a 1/4" past where it needs to be (it will spring back when you let off)

Now bend the middle vertical support that goes from the bottom core support to the top (has the hood latch on it) this will take a lil playing with. All you want is the hood to latch. once it latches, take the hood off either replace it with a used one or pound out the dents with two hammers (one on each side of the hood)

throw in new lights and a new raid if the old one leaks and you'll be set.

You can still auto X.. dents aint gonna hurt ya

replacement front fenders are 65 bucks from a body shop. Getting a used hood should be easy.. 50 bucks from a JT

thats an easy fix. start by using a come-a-long to a pickup truck bumper. hook it to the core support where the V is. ratchet on it until the core support bends about a 1/4" past where it needs to be (it will spring back when you let off)

Now bend the middle vertical support that goes from the bottom core support to the top (has the hood latch on it) this will take a lil playing with. All you want is the hood to latch. once it latches, take the hood off either replace it with a used one or pound out the dents with two hammers (one on each side of the hood)

throw in new lights and a new raid if the old one leaks and you'll be set.

You can still auto X.. dents aint gonna hurt ya

replacement front fenders are 65 bucks from a body shop. Getting a used hood should be easy.. 50 bucks from a JT

dude i already have more parts for these cars than any of the junk yards around here so parts are not a problem. i have been planning on junking out the wagon for a long time this is just an excuse to do it

dude i already have more parts for these cars than any of the junk yards around here so parts are not a problem. i have been planning on junking out the wagon for a long time this is just an excuse to do it

I think you should snap a few pics of the junkyard for everyone to show them how many EA82 vehicles you've got.

5 wagons, 2 3-doors, 1 RX, and enough parts to make like 2 more cars in the van aka the "Parts House":lol:

• 1 month later...