Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pics and update

DeathHatch

well my buddy built this for me. and after this one im sure he doesnt want to do another one. and it also took us 9 months to get it done so far. srry

I may be in Longview this fall/winter. What would you charge to build me something like your hatch if I buy the car, pay parts and labor and help you build it?

ya that swamper is um ya.... need a bigger spare... ne ways today was nice so i decided to take some pics of how we got the shackles mounted on the unibody frame...:)

4120DVC00174_Small_.JPG

4120DVC00170_Small_.JPG

4120DVC00169_Small_.JPG

4120DVC00167_Small_.JPG

and there you have it. from beginning to end. front shackle mounts and rear shackle mounts.

addition: all the shackles will be braced as well as frame connectors, and a cage most likely, its not done yet, the steering is the biggest hang up. The steering shaft just isnt in the right spot for a box, its gonna take some custom stuff that im workin on getting taken care of.

I'd watch those front shackle mounts. I had that whole section of frame get rusty and it *ahem* kinda fell off. the car's structure seemed fine, even after that heavy piece of metal fell off. I'd brace the h*ll out of it. That looks real nice though, good work.

• 2 weeks later...

what are you using for the transfercase? that's about how big the second little roo is going to be. but the suspension design is way differant and the tires are a little wider. i'm still waiting for an adapter though... that's the major hold up. looks good you need to brace the hell out of those shackles. long un supported shackles are a safety hazard on or off the road. off camber and high suspension travel they'll cause a lot of stress. h brace them with a piece of square tubing in the center. looks good can't wait till i can get mine done.

jared

• 6 months later...

I Would Sugest Using A Samuri T- Case, Very Upgradeable Easy To Find, And Divorsed. Should Be Able To Move With The Four In It Now With The 4:11 Rears, Actually Belive If You Had The 5 Speed Hi Lo Trany, Probably Pull Out With 35's I Had 32's With Stock 3:90 Rears And Didnt Have To Use Low With Sami Case To Pull Out, Pulled Almost Like It Was Stock.