Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lifted wagon at the drag strip :)

couple of guys from work were goin to the local drag strip last night.. was test and tune night, so i took the ole lifted wagon.. figured it might be fun.. lol it was actually a blast..

i took off a few things to lighten the car.. like the roof rack, my subs in the back and the spare that was in the rack.. otherwise all the seats and stuff were in it.. its got a weber and 2 1/4" exhaust from the heads back.. completely de emissioned with a glasspack.. so she doesn't run or sound like a stock soob..

first run was against a buddy in his altima.. he beat me but not by much..

after that he blew his clutch, rofl..

And NO i was not the slowest car out there.. muuahaha.. i did manage to spank a little red civic (i am framing the time sheet)and 2 new chevy trucks.. one was 2wd, the other was a quad cab 4x4..

i had the fastest 60 foot time of anyone out there (besides the full on dragsters)

my fastest times were

launch .688

60' 1.973

330' 6.982

1/8th 11.51

speed 57.11

this was only an 1/8th mile strip.. either way aloota people were talkin about the soob.. did a couple fwd burnouts for the hell of it.. best part was hopping off the line and barking all 4, then the shift from 2nd 4low to 2 high i could bark'em again..

one guy came over and talked for a little while about it.. he was more wondering what was under the hood.. lol

if it just had a little more grunt after i get it outa 4low there were a ton a covics there that were running like 60-68 mph.. not really that fast.. next time i go with the guys, i'm gonna try to round up a 50 shot of NOS and see if that'll give it the little bit of grunt it needs...

i tried running it in every awy i could think of.. i ran the hole 1/8th in 4low only got to about 53mph..

tried in 4high.. was slower.. fastest way i could get it down the track was 4low until 2nd then go to 2high and leave it in 2nd.. would just hit redline by the time i got to the end.. shifting sooner into 3rd just hurt my time..

anyways, it was fun.. prolly do it again next month, hopefully have a 50 shot by then..

fastest way i could get it down the track was 4low until 2nd then go to 2high and leave it in 2nd..
Thats exactly how I've found to be the fastest in my impromptu street runs around here. 1/2low 2high(2wd) till I tach out around 4500. Hell yeah with spanking the honda and GM pickemups. :headbang:

Come buy this EJ engine and harness. That would really be something to see going down the dragstrip.

Jay

well my buddy from work thats a honda guy and had his civic there, wants to get an old soobie and make it a full on stripped drag car, lol.. all soob drivetrain but no seats, etc..

now an ej22 in something like a mid 80's sedan would rock some hondas, lol

if i had the money i'd come get that from ya, but it would be a month or so before i could get the money..

will talk to my buddy and see if he wants to go halves or something..

curious.. with an ej22 in an ea series car can we still keep the D/R 4wd?

Yes, use the 1/2" aluminum plate between the engine and tranny.

If your interested I have a complete uncut harness, ECM, TCU, exhaust headers, MAF and all the intake piping for it too.

Someone is wanting to buy it but hasn't come up with the cash yet so it's still fair game.

Sorry for the highjack to hawk my stuff.

Where is this 1/8th mile track? You close to Orange, Va? They do Rallycrosses there.

Jay