Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New owner saying hello =]

Hi there,

last week after a lengthy sequence of events touched off by my little corolla wagon developing a rather nasty rod knock I drove a crummy old truck 1200 miles away from my home, deep in the land of really rusty old cars, bought an '88 GL-10 4wd turbo wagon, and drove it back home, leading most of the people that know me in real life to decide i'm completely insane ;), but anyway I much enjoyed the trip and the car. this is my first old soob and really the only one I've been in for more than a few minutes (my mom has an '02 5-speed forester which is quite nice, but also quite out of my price range) so I'm sure this board will be quite a handy resource. er, I'm not really sure what else to say, I had a couple of questions originally but searching managed to answer them. I suppose I was just saying hi...and maybe I'd better apologize in advance for whatever stupid questions I end up asking =]

anyway, back outside to get back to learning a new engine bay =]

Welcome to the forum. I had two '88 GL-10's at one time, one since new and kept it for 12 years. They were both very reliable cars. Some weak points are the alternator, various gaskets on the engine. Hope you enjoy the car and the forum.

Hey! Good to see you've joined the boards! I'll be in touch next week so we can get together, you should see my new wagon now (watch my post in the offroad forum, I've got some more pics going up tonight)! Looks like I'll be driving up on Sunday morning, and we'll be going mudding Saturday night, so mine'll be nice and dirty when I do!

Can't wait to see it, and I'm sure you'll love the site, you should post up that link to the pic!

btw, do you recognize my avatar, you might not, since you've only been in my house once, but...