Ultimate Subaru Message Board

14" or 15" Pugeot rims on '92 Loyale

I'm considering buying a set of Pugeot 14" or 15" rims for my non lifted '92 Loyale. Has anyone had problems with their clutches wearing out faster then normal with these bigger wheels? If so, any remedies? (can't afford a lift just yet). Thanks!

I am trying to get a guy to sell me his 15" pugs off a junked 505. Will 15" pugs fit on a non-lifted Loyale with no modification?? I have seen a lot of people with 14" pugs that look nice, but no 15" wheels without lifts.

I ran 15 inch wheels with 65 series tires for 4 years with no problems. Car was a 90 Loyale AWD.

yea, the wheel diameter doesn't matter all that much, it's the tire diameter that does, the tires that came on my 15" pugs were shorter than the tires on my stock 13" steelies, and I ran both before lift. the thing you have to watch for, is the pugs are wider (I don't remember if it's offset, or backspacing) and hang out of the fenders a bit, so if the tires are too big, or the load is too much, the tires will hit the fenders, instead of tucking up inside them. you may want to put accord springs on the back to give yourself an inch or so.

Your clutch should be just fine. Reason being, it's not so much the size of the wheel/tire combo as the weight. As long as you're not trying to roll some monster tires, you'll be okay. I'm running 185/75R14s on mine, and for 30,000 the clutch hasn't gotten any worse. It's in bad shape, but it's in no worse shape :) . Especially if you opt for the alloy wheels (all kinds of lighter than steel, but weaker), you'll not have a bit of trouble.