Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SCORE!!! With Strut questions.

Well, i saw a 2WD XT at the junkyard today. I remember Brad_styles telling me about the 2WD Struts being the ones to use to lower my car. I also remember him saying something about 2WD GL Struts lowering the front, but not as much as the XT.

I got some 2WD Loyale struts a couple weeks ago, but since this 2WD XT was there, i thought i'd take a gander at its front suspension.

BADABING!!! Shiny new KYB GR2's!! So yeah, i swiped em. I Want to put them in the RX but I dont want to SLAM my car. I want the front alittle lower, but this looks too low (this is Brads car, with 2WD XT struts):

4012004_0614Image0011.JPG

That and I have 15" Pug alloys that stick outside the fenders.... Im almost positive my tires will rub so is there any type of combination I can use to make a good strut with less than 1.5" drop?

I have my RX struts, 2WD Loyale struts and now XT GR2's.

Anyone have any suggestions?

-Brian

hmm, you could always try what i want to do with my rx, i want to see about geting either fender flairs or a custom wide body kit for it, granted, either one would require some cutting and welding, but in the end, would look great and keep the police from pulling my over for tires sticking out the sides.

yep also note that im running 205 60 13 tires...:)

anyone like the rake im rocking?! lol

I'm diggin the rake.... I woulda got some tires of those profile for my street brat but they werent on sale like the stock size ones were... hell I dont even know if they had them in the store :-\

Maybe the NEXT brat will get some nice sticky street meats.

My pugs were 5.5 inches wide with a +20 offset

My 16s are 7 inches wide with a +40

Tire calculator says theres a 1mm difference in clearance..

With some fender rolling in the back, I only rub now around really hard corners.. But I have some 20mm sway bars to help with that.. plus I could always raise the car back up 1/4 inch or so..

Thanks caleb. I was just looking at your car, I dont know about your adjustable setup tho...those springs look pretty skinny.

Im going to take the springs from the RX struts and put them on the KYB's. If worse comes to worse I dont mind cutting alittle from the front and rear of the fender.

I do know where to get some XT6 swaybars, but I will see how these struts perform before I start adding more. Dont need overkill.

-Brian