Ultimate Subaru Message Board

can a 93 soob have an EA82?

what's the difference between EJ18 and EA82?

does the EJ get similar gas mileage with a manual trans?

looking for good mileage soobs like an EA82 manual. i know they are good, but don't know what the EJ18 gets.

are the EJ18's good for reliability? wonder why they didn't last long?

thanks for the info.

I have a 95 impreza with an EJ18 and it is a good motor, my mileage sucks but It is an auto AWD and I think it is not running properly, (the Best I have gotten is like 25mpg on a trip to FL from NC generally 15-18 here in NC). the engine dosen't have the same low end grunt of some of the earlier engines but plenty of power up high, this also dosen't help mileage as it wants to down shift alot (in the mtns. here).

Didn't they put EA81 into brumbies until '94? Not trying to thread steal here so I'll say this... Please correct me if I'm wrong. They produce Ej15, 16, 18, 20, 22, and 25 ... The smaller ones get imported to other countries with more expensive gas etc... I'm actually kinda of surprised Subaru doesn't make a "Justy" style on an EJ18 platform w/ a dual range tranny these days... (at least for America?? They probably do for other countries.)

I have an EJ18 impreza and I filled it last weekend and got 29.85mpg and that was mixed driving. mine is stick AWD. The main reason that the ej18 got dumped for the ej22 is for power....110 vs 130 or 135 (I forget)

Also there is in such thing as a 93 OBS....they didn't start that package untill 1995. if it is really a 93 it is most likely just a sport wagon (which is cool too)

Either way it is a good car and a good motor!