Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Grandma bragging rights

OK, proud grandma bragging rights.

My grandson, who lives in Rapid City, SD, has worked for us during the summers since he was 12. He's 16, bought himself a nice '86 hatch, rebuilt the engine, and it drove from Denver to Rapid on Sat! Runs real strong too :headbang::clap::D

Paid every cent for it too out of his pocket. Not bad for a computer geek!

Emily

http://www.ccrengines.com

That's great! Good to hear about hard working kids in today's world. You have every right to brag about him. He stands in strong contrast to a lot of today's silver spoon kids. What he has learned and done himself will go a long ways toward his future.

That's great! Good to hear about hard working kids in today's world. You have every right to brag about him. He stands in strong contrast to a lot of today's silver spoon kids. What he has learned and done himself will go a long ways toward his future.

I agree. Get him to sign up here.

If he goes to college, he'll have LOTS of friends, and have many opportunities to earn free CD's and beers:).

Of coarse he will also get really really sick of everyone asking: "Can you check / change my breaks / battery / spark plugs / oil". "My car isn't working right. Can you fix it"? "Is it bad if my car makes this noise...."?

Signed: The voice of experience.

sweet! have you rebuilt an engine yet grandma?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol::lol:

(Where are those ROFLOL emoticons when you need them!!!)

Did you SEE her Signature???? This is THE Emily!!!

Sorry, Turbo SPFI. No offense meant :) ... just struck me as tooooo funny.

Guest Vickaroo

You have taught him well Emily!!!!! :rolleyes: And Im sure Rick had alot to do with teaching him also... With our first grandchild being a girl Im going to teach her how to go shopping and try to keep her away from Tim cause he will turn her into a tomboy if I dont watch him.... Little girls are to be all pink and clean leave the grease to the little boys... Welllllllllllllll all but Emily, but Iv met you, and well there is always 2 faces to every coin... Yelp guys she knows what she talks about!!!!!! By the Way the OB motor is GREAT!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Shawn, Emily, and Rick!!!!! Vicky