Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Any Extreme off-road Subies out there?

Scott in Bellingham

Scott,

Stock drive train...so...not so extreme but...

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=434&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500&page=4

The body is extremely modified.

Bobbing is good but an exocage seems

like it might tax a Subaru too much.

Weight is the root of all evil for our cars.

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

84 GL Mad Max

01 Forester

Any extreme offroad subies out there? not your normal 3 or 4" lift and tires , but custom stuff like more articulation, more travel, lower gears, rollcages etheir inside or exoskeliton , modified body , bobbed tail and nose ???please post links or pics here

Scott. PM me your mailing addy, I've got an extra copy of the Subarubicon dvd I'll send to you. You'll get a look-see at Mudrat's Weeble Wobble and Lumpycam's Unhatched.

I'll also add in the vhs to dvd copy of my "Favorite Footage" that shows my Bobbed Brat at the end.

Several on the USMB; I'll let them speak for themselves.

I would like to draw your attention to the custom suspesion done by Brumbyrunner in OZ. Lots more up travel, minimal gain in down travel, and a sweet custom setup.

http://www.ausubaru.com/ausubaru/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3495

those struts on his soob are sweet:brow:

Here is what it looks like as of last summer w/ 7"s of lift, 6" lift frame, 7" extended struts (not a strutcap extension) and coilover rears. 5spd D/r, nissan T-case, 17" bobbed bed, lift off front end:

31brat8-med.jpg

Not like that though now. It's under decontruction, for a reconstruction. It's getting a new frame, new suspension, all kinds of new stuff. 90% custom built. Will be different from any Soob to date when it's done. Can't talk about it though, real hush hush, If I say too much, the "people" will lock me back in the basement again!

Oh, did I mention the ER27 above??

Well, its not super extreme, it still has ISP. But it does have 8in of body lift with the engine sitting on a subframe, divorced Nissan t-case and some real fat 30" Swampers.

As of this time it hasnt had a real test yet, HP style. I hope to before winter hits :brow:

dirtyhatchlffront.jpg

Oh yeah, it doesnt need to be bobbed ;)