Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gears

1maBrat

^ well, that's the easy way to change the final drive. There's a guy on the boards here who says he's got a 4.11 from a Legacy in an RX D/R.

However, I don't believe any Subaru came with 4.44s, so getting them to work will be just like Numbchux said, with a divorced t-case setup. Even then, you're looking at custom CVs. Needless to say, it's a massive amount of work for little gain. The 3.90s aren't bad, especially with a 5SP D/R. And if you're going to go t-cased, 4.11s would be relatively easy - it's doubtful you'll need the reduction that a 4.44 would give you with a t-case.

^ well, that's the easy way to change the final drive. There's a guy on the boards here who says he's got a 4.11 from a Legacy in an RX D/R.

However, I don't believe any Subaru came with 4.44s, so getting them to work will be just like Numbchux said, with a divorced t-case setup. Even then, you're looking at custom CVs. Needless to say, it's a massive amount of work for little gain. The 3.90s aren't bad, especially with a 5SP D/R. And if you're going to go t-cased, 4.11s would be relatively easy - it's doubtful you'll need the reduction that a 4.44 would give you with a t-case.

4.44's are fairly common. Most are from people who sell their trannies they have left over from JDM imports. 4.44 gives you a 16% lower gear ratio overall so you could run 27's and have almost stock gearing.

4.44's are fairly common. Most are from people who sell their trannies they have left over from JDM imports. 4.44 gives you a 16% lower gear ratio overall so you could run 27's and have almost stock gearing.

yea...but in an EA series tranny???

I'd do this if I could do it AND D/R...