• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

REAL articulation....;)

[ratty2austin]

wonder how much it cost them......

for the jeeps in the first place...

and.. tires of that size, lift kits, and suspension upgrades?

probably way more than I would spend when i can have more fun for le$$

and dont forget- making it easy takes the fun out of offroading! (in my opinion)

[/ratty2austin]

but doing so in a subaru is much less gracefull

its an expensive hobby,

and that jeep rubicon is probably stock with the sway bar disconected.;)

i understand that the desision to use a subaru as a 4x4 platform is clearly a finacial reason.. and that may explain why i play around off road with a subaru. but to make a post dedicated to articulation for a car that clearly lacks in that aspect, dosn't make sense to me:-\

I assume you're talkin' to me.

Your house is outside the high res area so all I came up with was a blur. I'll post it in my pics anyway if you'd like.

what about the quick release swaybar idea?

actually no, i want talkin to you, i was talkin to fly boy.(his username) but ya, i'm interested to see those pics

o ya, by the way, the tread name is Subaru articulation pics not jeeps:-p

but doing so in a subaru is much less gracefull

its an expensive hobby,

and that jeep rubicon is probably stock with the sway bar disconected.;)

i understand that the desision to use a subaru as a 4x4 platform is clearly a finacial reason.. and that may explain why i play around off road with a subaru. but to make a post dedicated to articulation for a car that clearly lacks in that aspect, dosn't make sense to me:-\

Makes as much sense as posting pics of Jeeps on a Subaru forum:rolleyes:

sounds like pete should go to the jeep forum

hense the title says "subaru articulation pics"

an 800 sube that will hold its own in general off roading, or a 20k+ jeep rubicon thats great off road, give me the choice, plus everybody has a jeep, heck my old jeep wrangler sucked in the snow, the sube is great

aahh chill guys. i like subarus just as much as the next nut around here.:-\ just not in the same ways i guess.

im not trying to discredit these subarus capabilites, im well aware of what they can do, from many little adventures of my own. heck ive suprised a handfull of other people in much more agressive off road trucks/cars whatever. but subarus don't have any real articuation, so its more of a comical post IMO. just htought i would spice it up with some impressive rigs. please don't take it as an attack. K

ok, so jeeps have more flex than we do....duh....what's your point? it doesn't make them a more capable vehicle, not by much. It's the aftermarket support, and budget of the owners that makes them better. lockers, really nice suspension, etc. is what makes them better.

I watched a stock TJ, with disconnected sway bar, struggle on this ridge, with all four wheels on the ground. Austin walked down it, with a little scare of course, but no trouble, and he's got 3 open diffs:

imprezatip.jpeg

I can't tell you how many times I've watched a jeep goin through an obstacle, and spin wheels and get beached, before lifting wheels, subies just lift up a rear wheel, and pull through from the front (and a little from the rear if it's got posi...).

Peter, I know it wasn't an attack, but nonetheless, subarus have articulation, and it is important, and there are things you can do to make it better, thus we have a thread where we can compare how much articulation we have, and how to get more. We're never going to compete with anything with solid axles on a flex ramp, but it doesn't mean we're not capable.

[/rant]

I watched a stock TJ, with disconnected sway bar, struggle on this ridge, with all four wheels on the ground. Austin walked down it, with a little scare of course, but no trouble, and he's got 3 open diffs:

Truth is, Austin's got all sorts of experience and skills when it comes to wheeling Soobs. Imagine how that jeep would perform if Austin were behind the wheel. . .

I'm finding it out first hand with my Toy. I followed a group of Toys up a trail I'd never been up before. They were all at least locked in the rear, me open. I made it up with less struggle than they all did jsut for being able to pick a line and knowing when to gas and when to ease it.

And Chux, I believe that the ejs have a VLSD in the center diff. They behave as if they are in 4wd when off road. Not once has any of my ejs ever only spun the front wheels. In fact, they tend to send more power to the rear. If you pop the clutch in the dirt, the rears will dig in more than the front. ;)

yea, true, Austin is a god... ;) however, my first time up there....also first time in a lifted subie, and first time doing any even remotely serious offroading....I went down that same spot, no spectacular pics, but I lifted my back wheel some too. that TJ dropped it's front wheel off into space, and it just spun.

Austin and I were talking about the center diff some, it did seem to send power to whereever needed it, never had any problem.....I dunno

I too am figuring out, quickly, how much more important picking a line is than pure vehicle capability. My buddy in his rwd ranger followed me down an ATV trail at another buddies farm, and when it got gnarly, he had me turn it around and get it out. that was interesting, and kinda fun!

ok, so jeeps have more flex than we do....duh....what's your point? it doesn't make them a more capable vehicle, not by much. It's the aftermarket support, and budget of the owners that makes them better. lockers, really nice suspension, etc. is what makes them better.

imprezatip.jpeg

I can't tell you how many times I've watched a jeep goin through an obstacle, and spin wheels and get beached, before lifting wheels, subies just lift up a rear wheel, and pull through from the front (and a little from the rear if it's got posi...).

Peter, I know it wasn't an attack, but nonetheless, subarus have articulation, and it is important, and there are things you can do to make it better, thus we have a thread where we can compare how much articulation we have, and how to get more. We're never going to compete with anything with solid axles on a flex ramp, but it doesn't mean we're not capable.

[/rant]

i guess your right... i took it a bit far. i guess if you learn to wheel in a subaru you take the right path, sometimes you can make alot of other rigs look bad:D

Sometimes?

We as the Hatch Patrol showed up the same guys in their Super Huge Sammis 3 different times.

First time, they came crawling up 311 at Evans Creek to find a stock GL wagon on 13s already at the top.

Second time, me and Qman followed them up a pretty gnarly rock that they said we'd never make.

Third time, we showed up at Evans Creek to see the biggest one on its side. I drove around them on the rocks that had caused it to fall over.

Trust me, we let them know too. lol