Ultimate Subaru Message Board

HELP!! Oil Sandwich Adapter!!!

Hey Subaru FREAK!! I need help

I was looking in my Chiltons and it shows that turbo model engines have an Oil sandwich adapter that run high a pressure line to the turbo. I looked at the turbo XT in the junk yard here and it doesnt have one. I really dont want to run an external oil pump if I dont have to.

Does anyone have one or seen one? Will they fit an ER27 oil filter?

sp1t.jpg

Thanks for the help!

If it helps at all, I'm pretty sure that the ER27 uses the same pump and filter as the EA82 engines.

Pump is different, something about the bolt pattern. But they do use the same filter.

I bought one of those adapters thru WJM, fits both EA-82 and ER-27. He doesn't sell them anymore though. He got them thru the Dealership that he worked for, but he no longer works there.

I have one. No picture of it :( Apparently almost all EA82s over in europe came with the oil cooler; not just the turbo ones. Had a duder ship it over from there.

There's an aftermarket company that makes one that fits. Can't remember who though; try a search as you might find it that way.

Ok Never mind i am retarded and answered my own question... I mean I posted this info for others to use. Yea thats it yea.

These are actually the specs for the oil filter. Which confirms that we can use the #3961 sandwich adapter on an ER27. SWEET!!! Thanks alot DrKrazy! How do you like the adapter?

Part Number:51361

UPC Number:765809513617

Principal Application:Infiniti (91-97), Nissan (88-99), Mercury Villager (93-98), Subaru (88-94)</B>All Applications

Style:Spin-On Lube Filter

Service:Lube

Type:Full Flow

Media:Paper

Height:4.067

Outer Diameter Top:2.960

Outer Diameter Bottom:Closed

Thread Size:3/4-16

By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI:None

Anti-Drain Back Valve:Yes

Beta Ratio:2/20=14/31

Burst Pressure-PSI:340

Max Flow Rate:7-9 GPM

Nominal Micro Rating:19

Gasket DiametersNumberO.D.I.D.Thk.Attached 2.734 2.430 0.226

These are actually the specs for the oil filter. Which confirms that we can use the #3961 sandwich adapter on an ER27. SWEET!!! Thanks alot DrKrazy! How do you like the adapter?

I love my kit, after installation my car runs so much cooler it was insane. Never ever gets above 1/3rd away up the gauge even after a long boosting highway trip, used to run at halfway or slightly above. The kit installed easily, just be fore-warned that the O.E. Subaru oil filter did not have quite enough of a gasket sealing area to seal it correctly, and leaked bad. I ended up having to use a fram (oh well) on it, I have heard that the napa/wix ones will work too. Will test that on my next oil change, as I'm not a big fan of Fram.

I have an EA81T's oil cooler assembly... does anyone know if the sandwich will fit on an EJ22?

I actually found a universal sandwich adapter in Jegs for $25 free shipping. Looks promising. It should have no problem fitting a EJ22, you just need to make sure you have the right inlet and outlet dia. and thread count. Either way this kit looks like it can do them all. I plan on getting this set.

DrKrazy

I also think this might help prevent leaking. If the filters diam. is to large for the adapter this kit has an extra wide adapter for large oil filters. I just hope that one of these will be able to manage the outlet oil line being "Y'd" off to 2 seperate oil coolers and then into 2 seperate turbos running in parallel. Any thoughts? Do you run the lines directly to the turbos or just to the oil cooler?