Ultimate Subaru Message Board

80's rice front spoiler?

i know this is off topic, but

carfreak, did you put in that cyclops?how hard was it?did you have to cut the grill?i bought one for the 78, but it looks like the one you have in that gen 2, and it looks like it won`t even fit in a gen 1.how much adaptation was needed?

Jon

It was pretty easy on the gen 2 car since they had them earlier. I just unbolted the bottom of the core support and cut out the top half. Drilled some holes for the top of the center lamp to bolt to and thats about it. I also had to cut the grill because the quad headlight set up came around after the cyclops had been killed. A friend of mine and I tryed putting one on his gen 1 brat and found that unless you're prepaired for some serious fabrication, it will not be an easy conversion.

i had one, just sold it for 20 bucks.it was made by kamei.

by the way Paul you still owe me those 20 bucks:lol:

Not only have I not forgotten that........I haven't gotten it yet!! Andrew,the guy with the $40,000 worth of vintage wagons still hasn't put that and some other items in my hands......but that's another story.We'll get together soon and I'll be sure to rob somebody for the $20 between now and then.:)