Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82T Turbo Timer Install

The TT units basicly need three main wires for operation

1) a constant hot (battery voltage) wire

2) a connection after the ignition switch to the wire that powers the ECU and ignition system

3) a good ground

No mention of the manufacturer but some have a "safety circuit" connected to the parking brake dash light (if the brake is released the TT shuts the car down)

To find the mentioned three important wires. drop the trim panel under the st. col. (the one for getting a look at the ECU)

There you will find a bundle of wires coming from the col. They meet in a large black plug. The wires are large gage wires.

#1 from above is the white wire

#2 from above is the blue wire entering the connector from the body harness

#3 is found buy using any body mounted bolt (don't be confused by a screw into plastic) - there is a good one by the hood release handle.

When splicing into these wires I like to use the strip, twist, solder method shown here

splice1.JPG

Hope this helps, there is no available "plug and play" adapter that I know of, sorry.

• 9 months later...
The TT units basicly need three main wires for operation

1) a constant hot (battery voltage) wire

2) a connection after the ignition switch to the wire that powers the ECU and ignition system

3) a good ground

No mention of the manufacturer but some have a "safety circuit" connected to the parking brake dash light (if the brake is released the TT shuts the car down)

To find the mentioned three important wires. drop the trim panel under the st. col. (the one for getting a look at the ECU)

There you will find a bundle of wires coming from the col. They meet in a large black plug. The wires are large gage wires.

#1 from above is the white wire

#2 from above is the blue wire entering the connector from the body harness

#3 is found buy using any body mounted bolt (don't be confused by a screw into plastic) - there is a good one by the hood release handle.

When splicing into these wires I like to use the strip, twist, solder method shown here

splice1.JPG

Hope this helps, there is no available "plug and play" adapter that I know of, sorry.

Small correction

The blue wire referenced above is the accessory key position. The one that goes to the IGN is the plain black wire.

• 5 months later...
I used the Apexi TT. Because its small, and has a A/F meter built in. Dual function!

Oh, and I just looked up all the info in my FSMs. In the process of figuring it out, I learned how to hotwire the cars :)

Skip's directions, as always, are pretty dead on.

Subarutex,

I may be going with the same one as you (Apexi TT). May as well get the two for one deal and I see a ton of them on ebay. Would you mind if I PM you with any questions once I go through installing it? Trust me, it's likely I'll have some. :(

Subarutex,

I may be going with the same one as you (Apexi TT). May as well get the two for one deal and I see a ton of them on ebay. Would you mind if I PM you with any questions once I go through installing it? Trust me, it's likely I'll have some. :(

Sure thing! I'll do my best to respond in an informative and timely manner.

I have some no name japanese TT currently installed. its easier than it looks.

I also have a blitz DCII (new) and an older blitz DCII that all the magic smoke was let out of. :(

I'll be installing the new blitz shortly. Its the cool one with the digital boost gauge :)