Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ20g into GL10 Wagon almost done ~EDIT DONE~

suberdave

awesome, great job. care to elaborate on the wiring a little more?

So true about the wiring. Lately it seems people are moving onwards to the ej turbo area and Im interested. Also seems theyve been successful so it might be troublesome, but I think it would be great if someone or some people were able to do a complete write up on such a swap. I myself will have FUUUUN with wiring and the likes and it would be a massive help to do such a thing. I know its been mentioned before but I just wanted to let people know that I would love to help out if people didnt have the time to write up such a thing. Also, being a graphic designer, creating a website would not be hard and I think it would be great to set one up for such a thing, or create a pdf. Jus throwing up ideas, people pm with thoughts. Ill stop jacking the thread so I apologize. Great work on the swap, gotta take a vid when ur done, pics wouldnt justify it. :drunk:

drove about 50 miles in town today running around. and about 15 on the freeway.

went through emissions. passed with flying colors. like 18HC at idle and 24HC at cruse.

but overall it went awesome.

had to put the stock air box on, the CAI i made was causing it to run a little lean.

-=Suberdave=-

wow...that is really awesome.

I really wanted to swap an EJ18 into my Loyale. But I cant afford it, so i decided to just rebuild the EA82T engine i already have laying around. I'am just going to go through the whole engine, and extract as many ponies as i can, and clean it up like crazy.

I've got a lot of work though...

Good work man!...let us know how it drives (go waste some ricers)

-Bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:lol: suberdave, im from aust i have a 86/85 touring wagon with a ej20 installed atm, just waiting for the electrics to be done in it, what rear end are you using, i gather its not drum brakes obviously, and what ecu are you using?

Cheers, oh btw whats the rough estimate on speed, 0-60 etc lol, i cant wait to get mine on the road im so close :lol:

Dave, where is the VSS on your wagon at? I know you had another post going about that but it was getting kinda sidetracked. I gotta hook up my EBC and my TT here in my RX before I get it on the road and I start rompin on it too hard;) Congrats and I hope to be seeing you at the show. Won't be able to miss me in my black RX;)

:lol: suberdave, im from aust i have a 86/85 touring wagon with a ej20 installed atm, just waiting for the electrics to be done in it, what rear end are you using, i gather its not drum brakes obviously, and what ecu are you using?

Cheers, oh btw whats the rough estimate on speed, 0-60 etc lol, i cant wait to get mine on the road im so close :lol:

i am using the R160 STI 4.111:1 LSD rear diff. i had to shorten the rear drive shaft 55mm and ordered custom inner races from http://www.rcvperformance.com/ part # 184-068A, (they were only $6 USD) then use the inner cup from the WRX CV shaft and the rest of the GL CV shaft. works awesome.

as far as suspension i am using the STI front strut knuckle hub and brakes. and the rear is off of an XT6 disk set up.

i am using the stock ECU from the WRX STI. and all the stock wiring. turned out to be a very clean install.

dont know any 0-60 times yet. but should know this week. i am going to go and do some 0-60's on a Gtach monday i think.

-=Suberdave=-

Dave, where is the VSS on your wagon at?

it is in the I/P part of the speedo, i connected it at the F66 connector (the black one, one of the three big ones behind the fuse box) it is YR going in from the I/P and YG coming out of F66.

i hope this helps.

-=Superdave=-

ran a few 0-60 times today, conditions were not all that good. only got to do 2 runs but the better of the two was 0-60 in 6.3 seconds. not to bad. but if conditions were better i think it would be closer to 6.0.

this was with a GTACH. seemed to work pretty good.

-=Suberdave=-

• 1 month later...
id like to do an ej22t into gl10. how much did it cost you guys who did it? ive got my hands on a 93 legacy for nothin... and i just want to estimate how much i would have to spend to have a setup similar to suberdaves:-\

Search for rguyver on the board here (has posted a few times lately). He's in Kelowna area and has just done a WRX EJ into a Brat. I'm sure he could help you out with particulars, and maybe even come by and lend a hand.

id like to do an ej22t into gl10. how much did it cost you guys who did it? ive got my hands on a 93 legacy for nothin... and i just want to estimate how much i would have to spend to have a setup similar to suberdaves:-\

if you have the car for a doner. there is not much else you have to buy, other than my front clip i think i am into my swap around $500.00 and 100 of that was just the fuel pump. and another $100 for shortening the driveline.

-=Suberdave=-