Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lucky Le Coupe post of happiness

Loving taking care of this car.I really hope Connie gets it back and one day can fix the body flaws.For those not knowing,this car is in my possesion but will eventually go back to Connie,a.k.a. Bucky92.

12800_00021.JPG

Snugged up the exhaust today....happy,very happy.

Did some brake work this past weekend.Tranny dealt with a while back....all better.

Sorry to brag.It's just been a minor roller coaster ride but now things are really starting to iron out.

I actually enjoy an automatic Subaru!!!.....presently.;)

Just turned 37k.....interior is nearly flawless.

Kids love the sunroof.They're really into riding around in something that is unique.My son just doesn't understand why people drive newer "tanks" when they can drive an old Subaru.....what can I say?

Here you go,Connie!! Keeping it nice for you honey!

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!:eek: 5K miles on her already??? I havent even put that many miles on Bucky in the past year.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kiddin Paulyburger. I am soooo happy she is being driven and is keeping her co-owner happy. I want to see her soon to look at the rust hole you found and see what I will need to fix that.Maybe even take her for a spin????;) since I never drove her when I had her here.

I know one thing...she sure is awefully pretty...how can anyone not just adore that pretty little car.

I miss her:(:( :( :(

Loving taking care of this car.I really hope Connie gets it back and one day can fix the body flaws.For those not knowing,this car is in my possesion but will eventually go back to Connie,a.k.a. Bucky92.

12800_00021.JPG

Snugged up the exhaust today....happy,very happy.

Did some brake work this past weekend.Tranny dealt with a while back....all better.

Sorry to brag.It's just been a minor roller coaster ride but now things are really starting to iron out.

I actually enjoy an automatic Subaru!!!.....presently.;)

Just turned 37k.....interior is nearly flawless.

Kids love the sunroof.They're really into riding around in something that is unique.My son just doesn't understand why people drive newer "tanks" when they can drive an old Subaru.....what can I say?

Here you go,Connie!! Keeping it nice for you honey!

How are those windows working? ;)

:) They worked pretty good after tossing in your master switch...but now they are a little slow,and sometimes some of them just don't budge,then maybe on a good day they'll spring to life and do something like get stuck down with a stiff nothwesterly on a 20 degree morning.:grin: But that's life,nodoby can ever expect these things to work perfectly for long.Come springtime I'll pull the switch go over it,as with the whole system.Probably a bad ground.

The driver's window...knock on wood,has been perfect.

Thanks for looking everybody!

very very cool car. I love those wheels, particularly on that car. is it 4wd? turbo? its looks nice whatever it is.

Jack....that was my coupe....she is a FWD AT GLF.EA81..now with 37K original miles..Paul has her cause I needed to relocate her temporaily and he needed a car at the time. She is a good girl...and darn pretty too.And Paul is a great friend to me so how could I say no..He has done so much for me so it was my way of repaying him....MOOSENS ROCKS!!

Nah,but it can smell really great when it's all sealed up underside.Right now on a rainy day it'll get some dampness in the rear carpets because of a couple of really small holes just in from the rockers.I spary some Febreeze and it dries the moisture/moldy smell right out.Once it's dry it has no odor at all,really.

This is the second car I've run with such low mileage.The first one was a '76 DL that now resides in Sweeden with around 35k

Love you too Paul!!!:grin:

BTW..if it wasnt so cold right now I could toss a temp patch on those rockers..might still be able to come up with something.

Yup,was feeling the same way about it.My '78 still has a foil tape patch over the spot I wanted to cover to go to Carlisle....nearly two years ago!!

Now that the big boss is gone for vacation I'm going to try to get Lucky inside as much as possible during lunch and as I can after working hours and get some of that work done.It might be just patchwork but it'll be done well.I really don't do much hack work.Check out my latest project at work:

12800_00019.JPG

12800_00020.JPG

That's Jesus in the background....you know,a Honduran guy ...Hayzoose.

Concave,mitered angles are my favorite......yeah right!But I promise,the wood will look perfect when I'm done with it.I'll do my best on the car too.Need to get some practice first.I want to do as much as I can myself,but i've got a good guy welding for me right now just incase I can't get as much free time as he can.

BTW,we'll be making roll bars,bumpers,and probably some form of lift kit at least for personal use.:headbang: Double tube bumper for Bucky would get those Mercedes moving over for you.:brow: