Ultimate Subaru Message Board

got pics? almost ready for mud...*new pics pg 2*

scrap487

btw, 6" lift, 31x10.50x15" tires, nissan pathfinder rims. perfect fit, could go taller w/ same width but would have to pound out floorboards ALOT. by perfect fit, some easy trimming required of front fenders, absolutely NO rubbing on the struts, with about an inch of room to spare. no trimming in back required.

all that is left for me to do is get my exhaust together, finish putting my steering back together, bleed my brakes, hit the gas and dump the clutch...(and finish off my bad half shafts...) :banana:

enjoy. hope to see you all on saturday.

havent done any trimming in the rear, although I drove it around the block a few times today with no exhaust... SWEET :banana: :banana: :banana:

the biggest problem is I need to take my bfh to the floorboards in the front, it rubs kinda bad there, steering got stuck trying to turn into coffee shop parking lot and I had to jack the front up, use a wrecking bar, deflate the tire a little bit and have someone help me wiggle it out. also if you got a lot of weight in the back, theres this little tab in the front of the back wheel well that will rub on the tire, gotta take my hammer to that. other than that there isnt much rubbing. btw if I put swampers on there now, I wouldnt need to use my bfh and sawzall, theyd rip all 4 of my fenders off in probably about 20 feet(I want to get 31x11.50x15 LTBs).

another problem i'm h aving is getting the steering tightened down, whenever I tighten it it forces the rod out of the coupling a little bit, and then when I turn the wheel it will jump and click and not actually turn unless I'm moving.

ok everything is back together, steering is perfect... rubbing is a little worse than I first thought. I either need to get an automated BFH, or go with smaller size tires, cause I can only swing my 5lb sledge so much with its 10" handle.

here are some day time pictures...

attachment.php?attachmentid=3491&stc=1&d=1139562143

attachment.php?attachmentid=3492&stc=1&d=1139562143

attachment.php?attachmentid=3493&stc=1&d=1139562143

attachment.php?attachmentid=3494&stc=1&d=1139562143

post-16176-136027606362_thumb.jpg

post-16176-136027606366_thumb.jpg

post-16176-13602760637_thumb.jpg

post-16176-136027606373_thumb.jpg

ok everything is back together, steering is perfect... rubbing is a little worse than I first thought. I either need to get an automated BFH, or go with smaller size tires, cause I can only swing my 5lb sledge so much with its 10" handle.

simple solution.. go buy a short handled 3lb hammer... cheaper than a set of tires :-p

Sharp. Very Sharp. I love the Hard Body wheels. Got the center caps?

How does it do on the freeway? I got this feeling you're gonna be looking for somewhat smaller tires if you're running the stock drivetrain. :)

You are right, or did I miss that thread. . . ? :-\ :confused::)

Turning radius is the shnit. It's one of the very few things I miss about Subarus while driving my Toy.

hard to tell from those pics, but it looks like your camber's better already!

its settled out a little bit, but its still kinda bad. I can drive it. I dont have an exhausts on it yet, so I havent be willing to take it to far from my house cause I dont want to get pulled over. sure beats my neighbors alarm clocks in the morning :grin:

when we did the 8in lift we beat that part in as much as possible and then with our sturt block tight against it our camer worked out better then stock................ if your not up against that then your strut top block is not steep enough IMHO Looks Good..

that is true, it is not steep enough which is why my camber is off.

btw, I took it out to the mud pit with some explorer pro comp shocks on it(stiffer than all hell), havent fixed up my 4wd linkage yet, so it was in 2wd... thing waaay outperformed my jeep, the mud was the worst sticky gumbo kind that was deep... and I stopped moving and thought it was over, and then it started right back up again and got me out no complaints... I am truly amazed at this vehicle, it blew my mind tonight. I mean, yeah I thought it would be okay, but I was like, eh, wont quite be as good as my jeep or nissan, and wow... I'm just like... wow

wooot subaru brother, subaru!!! sounds like fun. hrm, im wondering how you got the pro comp shockes mounted, have any pics?? are they like e1000's or somthing??

it was really easy, pounded out the top of the old shocks, bolt it up, bolted the bottom together... really except for pound out the top bracket its just like replacing your shocks normally...

i think they are the es1000 or whatever... supposedly the equivalent of the rancho rs5000... I was gonna get rancho rs5012 but they only had one shock but they had 2 of the explorer procomp shocks with the same specs so I got them, and they were a few bucks cheaper.