Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Super Swampers******Mounted******

soobmater

Anybody checked out the TSL/SX line?

I'm still interested in the 31x1350s. Be especially nifty for the conditions around me.. sugar sand up to your knees. :eek:

Theres also 30x1150s in that line. Smaller overall diameter, but got that extra width to float. Since I'm a cheap bastard, this would probably be the route I take when I get the money moving again to upgrade.

172.99 and 111.99 respectively, at 4wpw.

31x13.50 would be hard to fit. 30x11.50s might fit but steering would still kinda suck.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We put two bran new ones next to eachother once, they were virtualy the same size. We really couldn't tell which one was taller.

If you've got the $, get the radials and not the bias ply. They're worlds different on the road. The bias ply ones get flat spots every night so the car goes bumpety bump for the first few miles every day.

You get to re-learn how to drive your car on the road. They "walk" while cornering, so you have to prepare for extra wide turns.

The biggest arguement though is the offroad differences.

The wider tire can be deflated more without blowing beads. Ken blew both fronts with the bias plys once.

The bias ply can't be beat in the mud, but lose to the radials everywhere else. Especially snow.

but see, were i live, not very much snow, maybe once a year. mud is the thing around here, tons of mud runs :) but the thing is, im using 14 inch steels so i will still have my all terrains mounted on the alloys. i'll just change tires everyonce in a while. the radials are like a inch taller than the ones i got now, and they rub a little. so i would have to do some more pounding to get them to fit. but thats another thing, i aint really got enough money for them either :-/ but like i said, i want a extreme mud tire :) dont have to be great on the street. but, dont flat spots happen more in cold weather? or is it warm weather? can't recal. thanks for everyones help!

If you want the best performance in mud go with a bogger but the smallest they come in is a 31". Otherwhise, go with the SSR even though they cost a bit more, they are possibly the best swamper made I run them on my CJ5 and they have never let me down in any kind of terrain, rock, sand, mud, snow, cars, you name it these are the best tires for the job and they have awesome on road performance too.

i dont have the extra 15 dollars a tire though :-/ i wish i could fit boggers(and gearing would allow), but that is what im gona run on a lifted hatch i will get someday. but, like i said, price is probably the main reason i want tsl's. And they will mostly be used in mud, a little bit of snow, but not a lot. they wont be my street tires. Plus, i just downright like the tsl's. i do like the side grippy's on the ssr's. if the ssr's were cheaper, i would consider getting them. thanks

Yeah I like my TSL's. What are they runnin a piece now, like 81, 82$? I got mine for like 78 last year. I haven't had any problems with them yet. They stuck real good to the rocks when we went out, I have yet to get them into deep mud, but we'll see at wcss8!!:headbang: I'll get a pic of them on an ea81 soon here.

EDIT: I have been running 25 psi on street and like 9-11 on dirt and rocks and stuff.

Anybody checked out the TSL/SX line?

I'm still interested in the 31x1350s. Be especially nifty for the conditions around me.. sugar sand up to your knees. :eek:

Theres also 30x1150s in that line. Smaller overall diameter, but got that extra width to float. Since I'm a cheap bastard, this would probably be the route I take when I get the money moving again to upgrade.

172.99 and 111.99 respectively, at 4wpw.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2956&d=1127234336

We ran a set of 31 x 13.50 TSL/SX Swampers on rear at the dunes last year , they looked cool but the 215/75 -15 snowtires deflated worked better , I have a fullset of 4 on chrome 6 bolt rims if anyone wants them , not much tread on them :brow: :-\ :eek: :cool: Scott

on the flat spoting thing... they do flat spot. ive been driving my bosses 4runner around it has 36x12.5x15s on it. ive been running them at about 8lbs of air in the fronts adn 5lbs in the rear. and they are fairly bad when i first start out but once i go a block or so they are fine. ....... at thats at 10 degrees. so i wouldnt put the flatspoting on the important list of things when deciding tires....

• 2 weeks later...