Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Must-have accessory for my BRAT...

I'd like to know who is going to get fired for approving R&D and to-market cost for BRAT lambo doors when they find out BRAT owners can't afford them and/or don't want them... :confused: Maybe they use the same parts for a range of car models, but it still seems a bit strange.

I'd like to know who is going to get fired for approving R&D and to-market cost for BRAT lambo doors when they find out BRAT owners can't afford them and/or don't want them... :confused: Maybe they use the same parts for a range of car models, but it still seems a bit strange.

I wouldnt say that. Look at the prices they go for on Ebay. A nice one will sell for $5K+. If someone can afford a Brat for that price, I think they can fork out the $ for lambo doors. But then again, who would want to rice out their Soob with lambo's. Oh, lookie there............:rolleyes:

The company uses base line of standard parts then modifies them for different vehicles. They can make kits for alot of cars cheaply this way even non-conventional rigs like brats. They also (I believe its them) make a universal kit that can be added to almost any car. You pretty much just replace the hinges and a few other door parts, ie. latches etc., w/ theirs and off you go. I unwillingly learned about them at Carlisle a few years back at the rice show. Used to be a guy had to fab parts for this on his own and that kinda made it cool and original. Now I've seen a few civics w/ this mod locally. To each his own I guess.

Next gull-wing Subies :lol: .

Craig

Might be kinda cool actually.... I bet some employee of the company that makes the kits owns a Brat, and couldn't stand the camaro size doors. They can be a pain for parking in tight areas.

Definately getting a set of those when I win the lottery. Yes, definately.

GD

I must admit this is the first time I think I've seen lambo doors rationalized due to 'practicality.' :lol: Good point!

Think how handy those would be for 'wheeling in tight areas, though. Maybe a lkittle less chance of getting your door all bunged up while you're trying to get a look at your tire.

And have the tree branch above you take out the window:D

Might be better off having no doors at all for offroading:brow: