Ultimate Subaru Message Board

most milage

In 1985, I was working in a subaru dealership in N.Y. They had a contest for the most mailage subaru. Winner got new subaru. The last day of contest a 78 subaru came in with 780,348 miles on it. The engine was running great, the body was rusted to nothing. You could see the road through the floor boards.

Comin' up on 221,000 on my 91 Loyale Wagon 4wd 5-spd. She's in the shop today getting new muffler. Had new tires put on her yesterday. She's got new struts & shocks (2yrs ago), new radiator (2yrs ago), new t-belts (2yrs ago). Heck pretty much everything done a couple of years ago, right before I bought it...for $900!! Other than normal wear & tear replacment parts she's ALL original!! Damn I love these cars!! She's got a little cancer brewin though...

Goatcheez

In 1985, I was working in a subaru dealership in N.Y. They had a contest for the most mailage subaru. Winner got new subaru. The last day of contest a 78 subaru came in with 780,348 miles on it. The engine was running great, the body was rusted to nothing. You could see the road through the floor boards.

May God rest her beautiful soul.

I Realise nobody cares but the Prelude has clocked up 300,000kms and its completely shot. My old mans Volvo has made it to 120,000miles and the engine is knockin on heavens door. Just goes to show the old Soobs will love you long time.

KELTIK

.... 78 subaru came in with 780,348 miles on it. The engine was running great, the body was rusted to nothing. You could see the road through the floor boards.

This is why I drive a Subaru!!! :banana: :banana: i doubt mine will see that many miles before the body gives out, but I know the engine could do it!! :D

This is very encouraging. The mileage on my '98 Outback is almost 150,000. I'm hoping now that I can get at least another 150K miles out of it before I have to trade it in. Or maybe run it out to 800K if like the guy in Europe! It still runs great, except for what seem to me to be frequent seal failures. My husband wants me to trade it in now, but if it's working, why mess with it? I love the way it handles. in 1997 I bought a Toyota 4-Runner and sold it to buy the Subaru. I never felt safe in the 4-runner on curves and it bounced all over the place like a Dodge truck.

Maureen

My 88 DL Wgn has 196,000 for the moment. All original 'cept for the tranny which I replaced when I bought it. Cool thing is that I spent $850 for it (the car, not the tranny) two years ago and have driven it all over the country on all types of roads (yes, the skid plates do work). I have to get a bigger car soon (kids), but I planning on keeping my soob because it is the coolest car I have ever owned (and my kids would kill me if I sold it).

200+k on my 94 svx. not many svx up in that teritory......:headbang:

I just hit 204,000 miles in my 94 svx. It's even the ORIGINAL TRANNY! :grin: The Brat is about 240k miles when it bust a gasket or whatever's wrong with it. and Since everyone is mentioning it we also have a 91 honda accord that is just about if not already hitting 200k.