Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 Head Gasket prices

I went to the dealer

looks like he's looking for Subaru OEM parts, which is often highly recommended here over aftermarket. dealer prices can vary all over the place. even still OEM subaru head gaskets can be had for $26 for the XT6 and less for the EA82. the dealer may be able to come down in price or come close to matching another dealers price if you get a quote from a State-side dealer. worth a shot, that price seems very high.

if you have time, have someone send you a set from the states. maybe one of the online Subaru retailers would ship it to you? might not be much of a savings, but if you ordered a load of stuff it may be worth it.

Personally I think the "must get OEM" thing is just nuts...

Ever owned an old school turbo car?

..........Lcal dealer wanted $75 plus tax for a pair of OEM EA82 HGs

Got them from 1stsubaruparts.com for 49/pr.. shipped

i went onto a site

www.partsvoice.com. (everybody bookmark this site!)

dealerships sign onto the site and list all there old inventory... its an amazing source for OEM parts... some really odd ball stuff... things you'd never find new anywhere else... crazy expencive for the weird stuff...

i haven't tested it out yet to see if it actually is a good source of parts... but their lists are huge! it'll give you the price and where the parts are located...

anywho... i found some on there for 31 bucks... dunno if its for 1 or for a set... but it should be OEM... a bunch cheaper then 75 bucks!:)

the site is good for other types of cars too!

Ever owned an old school turbo car?

No, I haven't. And I understand that the design of the EA82T is such that it is delicate and needs top notch gear to run right. Also, the gaskets I get look better then OEM, but I guess not all of you are so lucky.

On another note. Isn't this topic started by a guy who has a "92 Carby Dl Wagon"... I dubt it's a turbo...

Yes i do own a carb'd l series, but i also own a touring wagon with a turbo vortex motor in it.

Ive looked and i can get an ACL Valve regrind kit for a bit over $200

I think this may be my better option

Thanks for the replys guys