Ultimate Subaru Message Board

BRAT Paint for the ER27TT Advise

I'm only saying this because you asked what I think:

As a designer (architect), I'm not crazy about hos the design doesn't relate to the lines and massing of the vehicle. I'd suggest gazing at your rig for a while and decide what of its natural lines and massing suggests to you for a paint scheme. Of course the reverse of this is to ignore the "canvas" that the BRAT provides you and do something totally irrelevent to the car. This would be similar the city busses getting shrink-wrapped in plastic advertising. And even with those, they have to acknowledge the shape and space that the vehicle provides, at least in terms of boundaries.

Of course, I could be wrong.

BrAT_Painted_cool_.jpg

Please let me know what you think!

the lines between colors seem random and don't offer much to the vehicle. not that they look bad, but they don't offer or do anything for it either. maybe that's just me. it's hard to tell with that drawing, i'm not really good at picturing colors too well. kind of sucks that the coloring doesn't show the actual brilliance of a fresh paint job. doesn't do justice to what you're idea.

if you're going to do multi-color.....i would not use black and white....they are toooooo opposite.

i like the blue but i agree on the rally stripe deal.

and i also noted that it is an ej27tt?

dont forget hood scoop for intecooler if it has one.

and i also noted that it is an ej27tt?

ER27tt... Anyway. I don't really like that paint. Can't think up any other ideas right now, If I use my PC (not the laptop) today I'll do some Photochopping with my Brat and see what I can come up with.

I think the GT stripes aren't original enough to look "really" cool...

Thats cool I was really just farting around with my programs and was testing. I dont want to do racing strips considering that just about all the cool cars have them, but not really. I also dont really want to go with a single color. I am not really a designer but more of a "garage engineer" So the i will post some more pics.

Thanks for the honesty, truthfully I just slapped some lines in and filled them in.

Just had a thought - what about a trashwagon-esque paint job. I like the color combo and im sure it'd grab some attention. Then again that might anger the true trashwagoneers. Still, orange and black is a nice combination to consider. :rolleyes:

KELTIK

The really nicely done cars have a really deep one color paint scheme to em. Those deep orange, deep blue, etc cars with alot of metalic.

Subarubrat's paint job comes to mind. (subarubrat.com)

Well, I done a bit of photochopping. Here is an old picture of my Brat, before a few of the offroad mods were installed.

You will find the original picture on my site at http://webmaster.beverleypaine.com/images/orange_brat.jpg

orange_brat.jpg

Personally, I like black and orange. And I think this looks pretty bloody mean. Hope you like it. (oh, and feel free to copy the design, just send me a picture of it afterwards!!) :)

Cheers, Phizinza

http://www.OffroadingSubarus.com

So anyway I worked on it a little. The "silver" is actually aluminum coated fiberglass with a carbon fiber type weave. The black bed lid is carbon fiber with an air scoop that pushes air into my rear mounted radiator. Is this any better? I am working on it. I am going to be building custom fiberglass flared fenders, hood and bed lid. I will be working on a few more designs.

simple monkeyif i had an ER27TT brat, i would paint it glow in the dark.

The aluminum fiberglass will be really reflective or "Glow".

Again i like the honesty everyone! I dont want this to look Dush! I dont really like these rims on it either.

BrAT_Painted_cool_4_turning.jpg

if i had an er27TT brat, it would be the sleeper hit of the century. factory paint, faded, with spots of primered over bondo rust spots. subaru steelies with centercaps, maybe a hubcap for laugh's sake. jumpseats. huge driving lights.

ugly looking hoodscoop. all this to make the civic with the huge muffler driving fool's face red when you beat him flat out.

Hmm, I'm thinking now I want another Brat to put a EJ20t in and put that orange paint job on it... I don't really like the whole carbon fiber look...

One of the coolest street brats I've seen have full STi running gear, black 17" rims and was painted a new coat of white... Looked sweet, I'll find you some pics if i can.

So anyway I worked on it a little. The "silver" is actually aluminum coated fiberglass with a carbon fiber type weave. The black bed lid is carbon fiber with an air scoop that pushes air into my rear mounted radiator. Is this any better? I am working on it. I am going to be building custom fiberglass flared fenders, hood and bed lid. I will be working on a few more designs.

simple monkeyif i had an ER27TT brat, i would paint it glow in the dark.

The aluminum fiberglass will be really reflective or "Glow".

Again i like the honesty everyone! I dont want this to look Dush! I dont really like these rims on it either.

BrAT_Painted_cool_4_turning.jpg

That's getting there. Maybe a blue or black strip at the rocker panels too.

As a designer I would tell you to think of a strong concept or theme. Like "70's Muscle" "Vintage" "Rally" "Stock Sleeper" "Military" From there do some research into a specific catagory, dare I say go to the library. The best designs come from a strong concept. Besides "Make it hella crazy fast" what did you have in mind when you started the ER27 project?

From a personal stand point I'll say go with what makes you happy. If black and orange are your thing, go for it. When I think of those 2 colors I think Halloween and Boss Mustangs. I'd sketch out 10 or 12 designs at least to start and go from there.

Good Luck

From a personal stand point I'll say go with what makes you happy. If black and orange are your thing, go for it. When I think of those 2 colors I think Halloween and Boss Mustangs. I'd sketch out 10 or 12 designs at least to start and go from there.

Good Luck

When I think black and orange I think of the first Lancia Stratos I ever saw (I fell instantly in love with that car too...)

But I agree, do what you like. If that be making everyone happy, or just doing a personal paint job.

Well, I done a bit of photochopping. Here is an old picture of my Brat, before a few of the offroad mods were installed.

You will find the original picture on my site at http://webmaster.beverleypaine.com/images/orange_brat.jpg

orange_brat.jpg

Personally, I like black and orange. And I think this looks pretty bloody mean. Hope you like it. (oh, and feel free to copy the design, just send me a picture of it afterwards!!) :)

Cheers, Phizinza

www.OffroadingSubarus.com

i like that

I for one would appreciate everyone coming up with a design. I am currently painting a Brat with approximately the same silver and blue as seen in above posts. I have tried to come up with something besides a factory paint job(boring).

a few tries of mine:

untitled35lo.th.jpguntitled92em.th.jpguntitled81lh.th.jpguntitled69rz.th.jpguntitled53zh.th.jpg

untitled22hy.th.jpguntitled127fl.th.jpguntitled127fl.th.jpguntitled15kr.th.jpg

Anyone else?