Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 fuel problem

Well, I finished putting back together my EA82 GL...but its not starting. It has spark and compression, but the plugs are dry. Its just a friggin carb, so I cant imagine what could be causing something like this. Can someone maybe take a picture of their motor so I can see where the fuel lines run? I put this whole god damn thing together without any past experience with the motor or diagrams, so I'm almost positive I've hooked something up wrong with this maze of lines. I'm also assuming the fuel pump is in the tank? I don't know...if I could get any help, I would be very thankful.

Nate

It is one of two relays located near the ecu under the steering column. the relay operates when the engine is turned and not when the key is on, so it is best to check for the sound which one it is. the other relay would be ignition. there maybe others like power windows etc.

there are actually 2 relays under the passenger seat, one of them is a relay for the FP but i aint sure which, maybe try testing those before buyin a new pump,

It is one of two relays located near the ecu under the steering column. the relay operates when the engine is turned and not when the key is on, so it is best to check for the sound which one it is. the other relay would be ignition. there maybe others like power windows etc.

I stopped by on my way into town the other day, and it turned out he had the cam timing all wrong....hehe. took me about 5 minutes to fix it. now it runs pretty well, it's got a monster vacuum leak (runs better if you cover the intake hole with your hand), so we're still converting it. we just got a fuel pump that looked quite new off an '88 t-wagon in the local junkyard. as well as the rear discs. we'll have this thing up a running sweet in no time. now if AA would get ther butt in gear and get that group buy started, we could get it lifted too......

No, on my ea82 has one under the passenger seat, there are 2, they arent the fuel pump relay but it is a relay that has to do with the fuel pump and the relay, beacuase its in between the fuel pump and fuel pump control unit, i trace down the wires, so im pretty sure, but i could be wrong, but i was jsut tellin my findings,

EA81's and EA82 are different beasts - keep this in mind. The FP relay is nowhere near the seats on an EA82....

GD