Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looks good, I like that bumper a lot as well as the fog lights. You are lucky to have so much space in your garage. I can't even get my car in the garage without moving a bunch of crap and that would take forever and still I wouldn't have much room to work if I got it in there. And it wouldn't fit the whole car anyways. Sheesh...

Looks schnazzy! (haven't heard that word in a while :rolleyes:)

One thing is, i'd be careful about those cinder blocks your using for jack stands there... yeah i've done it before too, but they're known to crack & break.. and well... with no wheels on you could mess up some nasty stuff.

If you must use em, turn them so the holes are vertical ;)

wouldn't want a sexy car like that to drop into the ground :-\

Thanks for the tip. I actually looked at that myself once it was up. However, they are no ordinary blocks. Thicker than the average. But no, Legacy fall down = very bad.
Regarding the cinder blocks:

They DO have high compressive strength, but they need to be oriented correctly. You need to flip them over a quarter turn from how they are shown in your photo. In other words, situate them the same way they are designed to be used in construction (with the holes facing vertically), then use a piece of wood on top of that.

Many people die from the blocks breaking as a result of putting the weight on the wrong edge. :eek:

**** ******!