Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Me and my Brat

Hello fellow soob owners just wanted to pop in and say hello. I have just purchased my first subaru and it is a 1985 Brat. I have been wheeling for years now and last time i was up i was in my 1970 landcruiser and saw a brat in the mountains of washington and was so impressed that i had to get my own... Will keep you all updated in the future with mods i will be doing and frequent here when i get stummped. The great thing is i saved this poor little fella he was sitting in a field for 10 years before i drove by one day saw it and got it... Unfortunatly the first thing i have to do is take care of some cancer it has, fix the gl windows??? i think it has in it so i can actually roll them all the way up and rebuild the carb(or put a weber on) and replace all the fuel delivery

Good thing is i've been a mechanic for 15 years and been fabbibg 4x4's for about 5 years so this should be a fun little project...

pics will come when i get a new camera broke my old one

Welcome!!! :)

Nice Brat you Got... Congratulations... :D

Also, I just wanna add this: Put on a Weber!. :headbang: The 32/36 Weber will take the Best from that EA81 Engine... Believe me. You can Find the K730 Kit at: www.webercarburetors.com I got my K731 (For EA82) there.

I´ll will Like to see more Pics of the Progress of the Project.

Good Luck! :burnout:

looks like you have some sweet wheels on that, please post some straight on pics of the wheels! looks like a fun project!

Yeah, I second that!.

I also love that color on a brat.. After looking at all the pics on the "Brat Colors" page on ultimatesubaru I always thought that was the best 'stock' color.

• 2 weeks later...

nah man it was a black brat up by darrington just off wheeling away then all of a sudden he was gone..

as far as the weber on the brat that was the plan unless i decide to stab a FI engine in it but for starters i'll probably see how the carb does

I just got back from a 4800 mile road trip so thats why i haven't posted in a while but i did see a soob wheelin away in wyoming off of hightway 20/36 looked like fun made me want to come home and get started on mine, unfortunatly o gotta get the tranny in my blazer first so i can have the room in the garage,

• 2 weeks later...

well just got all of the fuel lines pump and tank replaced which made this thing run like a CHAMP:) :) drove it for about 200 miles and seemed to do well, as far as the wheels and rims i will get you all a picture of them soon and will be selling them to whoever wants them once i get the lift and new rims and tires for them