Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tein Flex for RX

EA82T is going in with the AEM running it.

I am just ordering 05 Legacy GT fitment rear assemblies right now...I've got a great relationship with a Tein distributor with alot of connections within Tein...so I can get those items...plus with the 9k spring rate from the factory...I can throw on the 10k's with no issues....then I can throw the 12k up front once I figure that out.

Next...since I have some spare front D2 damper shells laying around...I am going to attempt to fit those to the front and figure out what I need to order and have made up for a direct bolt on peice.

Yep....

Many thanks to meeting people at Autox....my mechanical skills and driving skills that get me 'in' with people and crowds, so I can work my way around and get to know important people....help people out...they help out in return...etc etc....

i was reading the August issue of Car and Driver. they took a 2006 legacy 2.5GT and put the Flex with the EDFC (electronic damping force controller) on it so you could adjust the damping from inside the car on the fly.

the pic of the coilovers look very close to what would be needed on an EA82. i already have WRX susp. up front so the front would be a direct fit. and the rear look real close. just need some top hat work.

this is something i was tinking about doing also. now that it has been done, it may happen sooner.

the only down side is it cost almost $2000.00

-=Suberdave=-

http://www.suberdave.com

• 2 weeks later...

Is the RX suspension the same as what is on an XT6? Huck made first gen Impreza struts fit on his by bending out the mounts on the bottom of the strut to fit over the XT6's wider spindle and drilling out the holes to accept the Impreza's camber adjust bolts. I took this a step further by having the spindles machined down to accept unmodified Impreza struts on Ruby Sue. Now I have my pick of several struts to mount at least in the front. I am currently running KYB AGX's with pretty good results at the local autox. Here's a pic from the middle of the installation process in April:

strut.jpg

• 1 month later...