Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The positive side of WCSS, the fun stuff.

On the brighter side.

The mud hole was a complete success. Cheer and cheers and cheers from the crowd when Noah pulled that lifted (turbo) Toyota out of the hole. Big oooooohs when Submater broke his tow strap trying to pull out the other Toyota who tried the deep part. (lucky he didn't make it the second hole, it was 6 feet deep. lol) I got to see quite a few good people that I've got to meet over the years because of having to do with Subaru stuff. Noah's still my favorite. Tex and Monica a close second. But the coolest person I got to meet was Brian/monsteroo(ru?). Mean that.

Turns out my Father and Sparky grew up together? !! tiny little world.

Profitted a prodrive shirt, probably won't ever wash it it's that cool.

Profitted by being in the right place at the right time and getting to smoke one of the best cigars I've every smoked handed to me by John Hubach from Subaru West. <--- payed for the venue again to btw!!

I'm absolutely grateful to Richie and Lisa. You two put up a big chunk of change with risk involved to help support the cause again. Your work and hustle made the cause a great deal of money. I'll let Ken thank the sponsors who provided all the give aways, he grabbed them all except Audio Integrations brought in by Jay Syphon.

Corky and Ann and Ed and Jeannie (sp?) are invaluable. It wouldn't work without the help you provide and the jobs you perform. period.

Tex' magic with PK's artwork was what made it possible to market the King of All Logos Ever. Stickers, mugs, t-shirts, all that. You should charge people, I'm envious of your skills.

Sean and Garner help with $ and time every year, but more importantly, kept me going with good spirits and pep talks and just plain positive additudes about the whole thing.

John Alley is the coolest person in the world if you had your choice of people to work with who have the pull with the bigshots and knowledge of all things local to the venue you choose to throw a shindig at.

I've known the kid in the Samurai since he was 10, he's a good kid

Julian is not as old as his age. Sideways in the giant water truck with a guy who must be 70 is pretty cool.

You're all gonna go crazy when you see Jerry's next secretmobile. (hate away secretmobile haters) lol

Clay is a hero at 14.

Rob's hatch was the hero among Subarus for making easy work of the mud holes right after the first Toyota got stuck. That was about as loud as the crowd got. :) Or was it when the BIG toyota crashed into the big hole? lol

Biggest funny part to me. Watching GD blow up his tranny with one of the biggest lacks of finesse I've ever seen by anyone in my years of offroading. Dude, let it wind down to low rpms before you mash it into reverse. Ken predicted it as you went in too. ouch.

Above all, it was an uber positive thing to meet a cancer survivor, your car and your attitude and drive are stuff of legend, hair and beards come back, just different. :) Gives me hope that someone very close to me will live thru what's killing her.

nuff said, more later, very tired.

cheers mate.maybe i can come over and go on a trail run with you guys.i'll even air down my tires.:lol: it was great fun meeting all of you whom i did not know.and next time,jerry and i have some things to show you.(imagine a brat zap....)he'll be done first.however,great show,great folks,hate to be an ********************* ,but a few deserved it in my opinion.ken and i a re finally square and i feel good about meeting everyone and definitely feel like part of the family.cheers,brian

Finally, a positive thread I can respond to.

I had a very good time this year. I met some cool new people, got a chance to hangout with some I knew from years past, and got to experience it with some really good close personal friends aswell.

I'd like to thank Dan, Jay, Noah, and Monica for providing just enough encouragement to keep me driving Ultimate down to the show... and I'd like to thank Art, Craig, and the above again for pulling over with me a couple times on teh way home.

I was very happy to see Andy (baccaruda) attend this year... Finally!!! and was very happy to meet Brian (Monstaru) in the flesh. Both are very good people, with a bunch of whack ideas and theories, that I absolutely love to hear about.

It was TOTALLY awesome when Noah gave me the keys to his wagon for a run in the mudpit after I had jokingly been asking him to. It really felt good to do that. Thanks!

I could keep going on and on and on... but I won't.

Zap, I'm sorry to see you step aside... but I know its for the best. I just want you to know we all Love what you've done for the show over the years and that you will still attend the shows to come.

On that note, I'd just like to let any of the organizers for the show in the years to come that I will be Happy to help with anything I can, and please don't hesitate to ask.

Captain Whacky at your service!

Putting faces to fake names just adds a whole new dimension to this hobby.

I really feel that the USMB website and the internet in general add a lot to a hobby of tinkering; perhaps the relative low density of Subaru nuts in the Spokane area is affecting my opinion, but working on and driving the cars are no more than half of the fun - networking and benchracing and cooperative innovating really set the hobby apart from the dependence on chance encounters with other owners.

I am slowly torturing the life into a T-shirt sales website and my business cards say "Andy Mikelson and friends" because I enjoy involving friends with similar ideas and ambitions, and with relevant technical skills.

Nobody does anything alone and enjoys it as much as we enjoy this.

Zap, my friend,

I am so sorry I missed this year's show. Special accolades to you, Ken, and the others who expend countless effort FOR THE CAUSE. (not for the money).

Congrats to all those who got to enjoy WCSS8. For every one of you, there are at least ten other Sube enthusiests that regret missing it.

Raspberry award and voluntary community service to the d1ckheads that got to enjoy/ruin it without responsibility or remorse.

Eric, before you think of stepping aside, you need to unwind (more than just 4 hours) and breathe and have a moment of Zen to reflect. There are several WCSS items to review and consider, which we can talk at your convenience. Obviously,still a job well done.

Sleep well, catch you in a few - r/ PK.

I just wanted to say good job everybody! I'm very sad I didn't get to go, but it looks like a good time was had by all. I am sad to hear about the roudy hooligans and other obsenities. I'm glad that this community is still very strong in all the areas of subaruness. For example I saw pics of awesome subies of all different types. I love the pics so far. I also noticed that there were a few yotas there. Well maybe next year I'll bring my yota and a street suby so I'm not completely unwanted.:grin: I LOVE the video of Noah pulling out the stuck yota. That's a good tow strap.:lol: My yota wouldn't have gotten stuck:cool: . I hope there are many more subaru shows to come.

BTW: If we had an event that was like for forum members only that might eliminate some of the roudy people. Considering we all know not be noisy or roudy or do doughnuts.

Here's one of my favorites. "OMG! they're everywhere!"

On our way home, Qman arranged to have the non-subie in our caravan drive ahead and get off at an overpass to take pics of us on the freeway. I saw them on his camera, and they're pretty cool (a line of ~ 10-15 Subarus on the freeway).

I thought it turned out great and the good out weighed the bad. I know that am personally looking forward to next years show, and help whoever is organizing it but as I posted in Corky's post:

I know with the show still vividly in our minds we want to start planning again, but most of the people who put on the show this year are tired and are going to return to there family life for a while. So hopefully no one will start any post about next years venue or like that. But it is encouraging the amount of new people that want to vounteer.

I think the registration process should come with a clear explaination of what is expected from the people that attend the show and what will not be tolerated.

Thanks to everyone that helped out. Shawn,(rallitek/IPD) Zap and Ken, and John from Subaruwest are our hero. Tex is being too modest, as he did ALL the graphic work for the show, asking to help out next year Tex is not a request, it will be a requirement. ;) There are also a lot of people that just saw the need and helped out. THANK YOU!!! From cleaning up the puke (craig) to helping the people who were intoxicated, and making sure they were ok (everyone on saturdaynight) and Jamie (Ken's daughter) and Paul Eklend(sp) for handling situations on Saturday night, and EuroWrx for his tractor skills and getting the place. Monica (tex's fiancee ) my wife Lisa, and Ken's son who though not active parts of the suby/rallycross community helped out whenever and where every they were asked to make the show go smoothly, same for Jamie (though she is active in suby stuff).

see my post about Brad

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?p=507748#post507748

This was by far the best WCSS ever

Won a speaker worth more than my car

Pulled out a toyota

got the car good and muddy

had a car this year, instead of flying

made it home no problems

pulled out a toyota

didn't piss off ken, (to the best of my knowledge)

met a lot of new people

got to hang out with a lot of old friends

I have to say, that i would still come to this even if we all stop driving Subaru's the first year it was about the cars, but every year since its been about seeing old friends and making new ones,

I couldn't have been happier, definitely one of the best weekends of my life, and the best WCSS by far a million thanks to the guys that organized it, Ken and Zap, you are far too humble.

It feels like a family reunion when i go to these things, i hope to see a lot of you before the next show, a year is too long to wait.