Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I made a goofy loyale vid!

bgd73

Being a "weirdo", declaring the EA82 a classic to be is quite ok. :drunk:

I am going to make more vids with facts I believe are unique for this engine. It is quite amateur but I don't know vid making :)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b346c16f-1716-46d8-be06-983700a564b1.htm

I request, as usual, the other street ea82's like xt,rx etc. on vid. Can't seem to find enough of the video,for the humble worth.

cool vid.

what was the music you used?? (now it's stuck in my head):confused:

yup,gotta agree with ya on that point.

neil diamond "song sung blue". I chuckled at how catchy it stuck in my head too..

The rpms are very friendly for a four cyl, it no doubt keeps my interest in it.

I will make another goofy vid from first to fifth gear in 3 seconds from a stop. It is kinda funny how this engine just takes it.I may get the coins to rattle in the coin tray as it slowly winds up without giving up... lately without a ping....:)

that soob sounds alot healthier than mine... lol. you speak of getting your coins to rattle... my engine sounds like it has a roll of pennies in it somewhere. haha.

Ever since the glasspack, mine found things too, that never rattled. I like the idea of keeping that 13 yr old unibody buzzing.Around 300 rpm high torqued found things vibratable I didn't know could buzz :) . Anything petrified won't be a sneak and fall off to the buzz. I recently found my bumper falling apart in the back. All in one season.Finds the bad steel.The kind that would look good until you shatter it with a hammer like glass.

I would like to get this 2wd for top end on vid.. alignment is good enough to take my hands off the wheel at high speed. I haven't had a 4x4 go that straight after this many years and miles.

I am going to just post them on the web for whatever they are worth.

im gonna have to make a giver video of my sube. But from 75 mph to 110 mph on one of the local highways ahaaha.

Slightly downhill, shhh.

That is exactly one of my points. It isn't legal to do, but it is a point worth proving out loud somehow. My 2wd is faster than cars that it shouldn't be all on the 30mm injection. It is ridiculous sometimes, the stampeded opinion and lack of knowledge throws things away if it means being abusive. I would love to see a top end vid of any loyale or gl/dl for that matter. I have found some autobahn rides with a wrx, but it isn't exactly my pursuit.For history's sake....

It stays quieter to the outside world, while giving the engine a true performance gain. <- Could someone take this fact in the name of something powerful, and tell all ricers and even wrx owners? :-\

I wonder if a "bgd73 exhaust system" for 19.95 would sell....:lol:

I made yet another vid with my time. A history and photos and a bit of action. All stuff found on the web. It is about the 3 main boxer engine in general. I am a big fan of that engine. 5 main bearings suck- I could care less if they got 800hp out of it. History will prove itself. No one in history has maximized the 3 main bearing. Ridiculous. :) There is some loyale subaru stuff.

http://93loyale.50megs.com/tribute.html

if the link doesnt work:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4601d3b6-2317-4e04-bf0f-9845012097a8.htm

Long Live The Loyale! :drunk:

yah that second one was really good.

now you got me bit by a nasty expensive bug....... my dad has been a closet alfa romeo nut for deacdes, and he has a '66 2600 spyder that was never really imported into the US.. its LHD, 2.6l DOHC all aluminum engine, 4 whl disc, about lebaron-sized.. the body was built by pininfarina, which was a coachbuilding firm in italy. the same body, with a different front clip, similar but different suspension, and interior, was also a ferrari and a maserati (ithink) but the things in shambles.. we are contemplating selling the driveline to fund restoring the car and installing a 280ZX turbo driveline, because we're Zcar guys already..

but back to my bug, imma have to find me a boxer alfa now. Eff the ideas of a bmw 3, or a hot 510, or the soob, or any of that.. my four-door second car has to be a boxer alfa :- )

do you know what kind of car it was in, bgd? time for google, i suppose... mwahaha....

I made yet another vid with my time. A history and photos and a bit of action. All stuff found on the web. It is about the 3 main boxer engine in general. I am a big fan of that engine. 5 main bearings suck- I could care less if they got 800hp out of it. History will prove itself. No one in history has maximized the 3 main bearing. Ridiculous. :) There is some loyale subaru stuff.

http://93loyale.50megs.com/tribute.html

Great video.. Well done

Thanks! :)

Losing the 3 main bearing is not like evolving from cowhide bearings to high end 300k federal moguls. It is absolutely absurd. Like I had mentioned... today's Subaru is like American auto engineering of the 1960's, makin all kinds of noise, forgetting the actual discipline.Like teenagers took over, without knowledge, forgetting "dear 'ol dad." They even have the gigantic intakes a very large engine could run with. I have not found something yet about the new engines I liked. I am ashamed. :confused:

Do not misunderstand my opinion about power- I was a huge v8 fan. I built until dangeroused, because the engines naturally could. What has been done to the boxer is pathetic. I am willing to bet a company makes the 3 main bearing again for autos....

Imagine what 6.5 mm increased on the ea82 stroke would have done. Somebody took over Subaru with brut force stupidity, and hellacious marketing skills. If I see one more award thrown at thier "new" engine, I am going to vomit.:rolleyes:

I found another vid.... beetle and impreza drag race. Look at this vid and THINK. :)

bgd: i think i hear you loud and clear. i come from the datsun camp originally, and over there we have so many different opstions for block choice, crankshaft choice, piston choice, and i dont want to even get STARTED on the cylinder heads they made....

my point is a datsun guy can "engineer" so much more on his engine stand than we could (and so much more than 99% of em could even understand, :lol: ) that it just makes me wonder... what IF there was a good MPFI head with a better quench design, and a larger compression chamber to allow for the reduction of compression for the forced induction motors.. etc etc.

who knows what we coulda done with one of these little boxers if we had DOHC heads for it, or even just the option to up the displacement to 2.0 liters +....

who knows what we coulda done with one of these little boxers if we had DOHC heads for it, or even just the option to up the displacement to 2.0 liters +....

RAM gets 140 HP from the EA81 with modified stock heads, cams, MPFI, etc.

Subaru race EA82T's were 175 HP.

There have been reports of someone is AUS getting around 280 HP from an EA82T. I don't know what the reliablilty was, but its' still an impressive number even if it wasn't reliable.

GD

yah but i was talking about WE, the common worms..... just another lament on the relatively few choices for cylinder heads. i know, i know, we are tlaking about a compact imported sedan, not exactly something they were making lots of motors on.. besides, if there were 2335656434 different possible block/crank/piston/head combinations, itd be a honda, not a subaru. (IE, not the wonderfully simple machine it is in this universe)