Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So... i bought an 05 OB XT Limited yesterday.... :rolleyes:

i'm picking it up next saturday... i'm psyched!! :banana:

The impreza just keeps falling apart... something about a few bad wheel bearings, the tranny being messed up, and some squeeling pully bearings in the motor...just pushed me over the edge... So it's going to sit in the barn for a year or so until i have a chance to fix all of the broken stuff... but while it's there i'll be cruising around in my new ride :lol:

yeah i know i could have spent my money on just fixing the impreza again.. but.. screw it.... this new guy is HOTT!!! :banana:

Black ext, Off Black int... 5spd, you know, all the goodies :brow:

And what everyone wants, pictures!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

as Austin put it: "woot!"

i can't wait till next saturday :banana:

It was cheaper than the one in CO, but more miles...

quick question.. anyone know what the bolt pattern is for this car? will i be able to fit my 16" forester alloys on it for snows?

hmm... tire rack will tell me... :rolleyes:

err... so the bolt pattern is still 5-100, is the offset still +55mm?

Bolt pattern is still 5x100, however Forester rims have 48mm offset.

But that's not really a big difference.

(Only 04 and on STI's have 5x114 bolt pattern, something about fitting Brembo brakes)

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!

OB XT, does that mean 230hp?

(Only 04 and on STI's have 5x114 bolt pattern, something about fitting Brembo brakes)

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!

nope means 180hp.

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!

Man Setright... you are usually on the money, but this time you're close, but off. Only the 05 and on STi's and the SVX have the 5x114 bolt pattern. (believe me, I owned an 04 and used to swap the wheels around between it and my 95 Legacy) Also, they went to the bigger hub diameter just to go to a bigger wheel bearing for better reliability.

Also, I don't know for sure, because I haven't tried or even looked, but my 05 Legacy GT has huge brakes, and I don't think there is anyway to get a 16" wheel over the calipers. I'm not sure if the OB XT has the same brakes or not, but since it's got the same driveline I assume it does. Look into that a little more.

Keith

i thought the 05 OB XT had 250hp/250ftlbs ?

eh.. either way.. it's quick! :grin:

When i pick it up, and stop at home on the way back to school, i'll see if the forester rims fit... i don't think there will be any problems... it's just that 17" tires are SUPER expensive... especially snow tires.. so i'll just get some for the 16" forester wheels i have ;)

i think i remember reading somewhere what the 16" wheels will fit.

i guess we'll find out!

vrrmmm vrmmM!!!

Rally Keith, maybe we're just divided by different markets?

Brembo equipped STI's have 5x114. At least on this side of the pond.

Didn't know that SVX had that size too. Now committed to memory - soon to be dispensed on Subaru boards across the world :D

My 2006 Forester 2.5XT has 230hp. Do you guys make do with 180hp ??

(05 had 210hp, but that was without variable cams)

Rally Keith, maybe we're just divided by different markets?

Brembo equipped STI's have 5x114. At least on this side of the pond.

Didn't know that SVX had that size too. Now committed to memory - soon to be dispensed on Subaru boards across the world :D

My 2006 Forester 2.5XT has 230hp. Do you guys make do with 180hp ??

(05 had 210hp, but that was without variable cams)

Interesting. The 04 STI over here is pretty much a one off year. For 05 they changed a bunch or things including the hubs, front control arms, rear fender flare and bumper, interior center cluster, headlight glass, and I think that's all. It was really kind of stupid and one of the contributing factors to me trading my 04 sti in on the LEg GT

Anyhow, for some reason the Legacy variants get 250hp, while the Forester was rated at 230, and the Baja 210 or something. It was really weird. If you look at the Subaru USA website today it's all crazy with the Legacy variants being rate at 243, and Forester at Baja at 210 (And the baja is the only one that on the quick glance calls out torque of 235) It's all the same motor, and that's the beauty of it. Just different Intercooler and Turbo setups and different tuning.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

WHOAH!

So i picked up the ol' OB XT this weekend, and MAN does that thing pull... i brought her home, and introduced her to the OBS.. they seem to get along pretty well, so far. Although, it was very sad when i stabilized the fuel, and put the impreza in the barn for the winter :-\

but yeah, pics of the meeting!

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

So yeah, i go to get it registered, and i find out i can't swap the plates from the impreza, because it's registered under my dad's name.. so no biggie, i just get some ### plates.. then i roll over to get it inspected, and it doesn't pass NH inspection because the tint is too dark!! :banghead:

So ... pissed off i roll on back home, get out some razer blades, and a hair dryer, and get all of the tinting off (it was professionally done.. that stuff it hard to get off!!) and then it passed inspection... eesh!

but now we're back up in podam, the XT and myself...

a few problems/questions:

the cruise control will randomly turn off... i don't use it much, but i'd like it to work when i do :rolleyes: right about... after an hour or so of being on it'll just unset itself... then i set it again.. and it'll do it again a few times, till i get fed up with it.... it only seems to happen when the turbo kicks in... and when it does, after being run for a long period of time (~2 hours) it seems to kick in sort of hard.... i don't know much about the 2.5T... but shouldn't it be a sort of smooth introduction of the boost... :confused:

but overall, this thing rocks! :headbang:

Try this: Go back to the dealer, tell them to connect the Select Monitor and erase the Throttle control fault.

My same-engine Forester did this after I washed it in a machine that also rinses the underside of the car. I suppose a lot of water got in the engine bay and my tendency to mash the throttle into the carpet shifted the water around enough to cause a throttle servo short or something.

Dealer did as above, and now I drive less violently after car washes :D