Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Has anyone made any advancements in their turbo installs?

i got the stage two clutch from brake and clutch of ashville. it is a huge difference in performance, the car feels live a different car now. i cant wait till the clutch is fully broken in and i get it adjusted properly, it is going to be great.

i also scored a msd external fuel pump from a friend. now i just need the adjustable pressure regulator and ill be happy for a bit longer. i should also be getting the headrs rebuilt for the car this week. should be nuts.

I'm gonna keep both my turbo cars with stock motors for now. Too much money is spent on these damn things. I just want 'em both to run.

The EA81T Wagon will get a 4spd or a 5spd swap in it (when I get tired of the 3AT).

The XT ("Dorothy") just gonna stay stock and run well. That's all I want.

I know power can be had from the EAs, but its at a lot of cost.

im running the nissan injectors with the td04 and the car still seems to be running pig rich. not as bad as it did before i ripped off the fuel pump in june, but still, its rich. at least i tihnk so at the moment.

OFF Boost it does but get a wideband and watch it at WOT around 5000rpm ;)

You'll see this :

TIP IN, 3000rpm >>>>>12:1 AFR, 4000rpm 13:1 AFR, 5000rpm 15:1 AFR, 6000rpm 16:1 AFR :eek:

This was with cams tho, so it might not be as bad UNTIL you run higher than 10psi, then your in the same boat.

That will be forged pistons (N/A), moly rings, stainless valves, ported heads, balanced, custom intake, 3" downpipe, intercooler, walbro pump, MSD pump controller, boost controller, Z injectors and 7 - 10psi boost with the larger TD03 and delta cams. We're also thinking about running a Jacobs Ign sys and changing to DIS. The real power producing area is the intake and how you port the heads. If it can't breath, it can't run. I always tell my customers to spend the money on the intake and heads it will always pay you back. :banana:

Uhhhh.... Z injectors do not work in a 6.

Anyways, my 6 is on hold simply because my Rx decided to blow up and I'm swapping in a EJ25 for mileage.... ohh and its like 160 HP:banana:

Anyway as far as my 6, I kinda hope it holds together for a little bit before it blows, but when it does, I won't be too sad... unless I cannot find an EZ30 cheap:grin: My plan, seeing as I have most of the parts, is to run the smaller stock early 90s Legacy turbo(VF11?) at 7 psi with the JDM TT legacy AWIC. My biggest issue ATM is the up pipe and clearance. I have the turbo cross member, but really don't want to do that swap, XT-6 PS fluid ain't cheap. Other then that I'm going to rig the hell out of it using a sandwich adapter for the oil and dumping the turbo coolant into the intake via the heater core lines. I already have a custom intake so everything else should be pretty straight forward.:banana:

me and kingbobdole are both working on turbo setups for the xt-6 but it appears that were both going nowhere at present

Well... add me to the List: Me Too... ...or I was? :-\

To make a ER27 Turbo seems to be more expensive than I´ve imagined, I got the XT6 engine Already Runnin´ in a Wagon, (The Yellow one - my avatar) but aside I have collected some EA82T parts to make the ER27 Turbo... ...one day... ...I hoped so, I have the EA82T Pistons, and some other Stuff, but since My Yellow Wagon have a heavy Tendency to Overheat Easily, and I think that with a Turbo the Problem just will Increase to a unmanageable Level; due to that, -and to the Lack of Money-, I Quit that for now, but I´m still collectin´ the nessesary parts... ...just in case one day I can make that dream come true.:burnout:

Lattest Dyno of my beast was 265whp@18psi in Front Wheel Drive

mods :

Stock Block (balanced and blueprinted)

NPR Rings and Bearings

TD04-13G Turbo (05 WRX)

WRX Top Mount Intercooler

Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump

AEM A-FPR

Custom Turbo Header

Stock WRX Downpipe w/CAT

Custom 2.25" Stanless Exhaust

Delta 272 Cams

Dual Row Radiator w/Dual Electric Fan Conversion

XT6 Clutch Kit w/EA82T Flywheel

3.90 Dual Range Trans

E-Manage Ultimate Engine Managment

That dyno was at 18psi and detonation was hitting hard so I had to back it down due to my Injectors being maxed out time for even bigger ones!?!?!

Don´t you Forget to Mention which Engine it is? an EA82? I´m not Sure...

Well... Also, I found this Link, about Turbo ER27 Engines:

http://www.xt6.net/faq/er27turbo/

http://www.performanceintl.com/shop/year.cgi?comp=jacobs&make=SUBARU&model=XT6%20TURBO

http://members.tripod.com/xt6/reviews.html

Don´t you Forget to Mention which Engine it is? an EA82? I´m not Sure...

Well... Also, I found this Link, about Turbo ER27 Engines:

http://www.xt6.net/faq/er27turbo/

http://www.performanceintl.com/shop/year.cgi?comp=jacobs&make=SUBARU&model=XT6%20TURBO

http://members.tripod.com/xt6/reviews.html

Yes its an EA82-T, thought everyone knew by now. LOL

• 3 years later...

Yes , hybrid Garrett BB "GT2854RS" . You won't find this because Garrett don't make this unit available std .

Started life as a std Garrett GT2554R to which I had the larger 76 trim GT28 NS111 turbine from a GT2860RS fitted . The turbine housing is the nice Ni Resist one found on the Nissan Silvia S15 200SX reprofiled to suit the turbine .

My header is a stainless one made one off here in Australia and based on the TWE one in 1.75" tube .

My exhaust was 2.25" from the turbo to the bumper but that was a bad idea . Turbo response was poor and I initially put that down to the larger turbine .

I recently had a 3" pipe fitted from this turbo so 3" now to the back of its 3" cat then 2.25 through a resonator and rear muffler .

This really woke my turbo up and the engine makes better power on and off boost - with NO exhaust noise increase aside from the whistling turbine .

The next step is to extend behind the cat in 3" and drop back to 2.25 for the resonator .

We believe the real secret is to have large tube off the turbo to give the hot expanding exhaust gasses an ideal escape path and step dow in increments as the gas cools and contracts to keep its speed up .

My EA82T is a rebuilt Australian spec XT4 spider one with 8.1 CR and NA ea82T cams . The flywheel is lots lighter than the std ship anchor too .

Of interest the spider plenum had a plate welded to it to take the std L 3 plug MPFI TB and TPS so it still has the early computer and injectors .

Turbo wise I should have used the off the shelf Garrett GT2854R because its smaller trim turbine would have made it a bit more responsive again .

With more exhaust work and a better panel filter I think it should do well .

The air inlet to the airbox from the inner guard is too small so need mods to reduce any restriction here .

Cheers Adrian in Oz .