FLASHER Problem - DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are crazy...but on subject!!!

Still can't find the flasher...errr

Ohhhhhhhh that what this was about :)

Why didnt you say so in the first place. To the left of the glove box towards the center of the car (thats where it is in the legacies)

• 2 weeks later...

try turning on the turn signal while you (or your dad) has your face down under the dash.. this will cause the turn signal blinker to blink, and the relay will click. The turn signal flasher is right next to the hazard flasher.

Thats how i found mine. As for replacing it, same as above.. unscrew the bracket to pull it down to where you can unplug the relay. My problem was with the turn signal flasher, and i used the hazards to locate the pair.. i never bothered screwing it back where it belonged, either. i had contorted my hands enough spending 3 hours trying to find it.. gee, the more I think the more i remember how many times i got mad and had to walk away from that one... until I thought to try using the other blinker :- )

Oh, and you should be able to buy a new one at pep boys/autozone/napa/who the fuji ever for under ten bucks or so.. but I would get the old one out first, and have it in hand when you walk in the store.

And I somehow doubt any talk of flasher fluid was actually intended to be taken as an attempt to pull any wool over any eyes, just some good natured jackassery :-p

We ain't what you call "normal" 'round these parts, y'see....:banana:

try turning on the turn signal while you (or your dad) has your face down under the dash.. this will cause the turn signal blinker to blink, and the relay will click. The turn signal flasher is right next to the hazard flasher.

Thats how i found mine. As for replacing it, same as above.. unscrew the bracket to pull it down to where you can unplug the relay. My problem was with the turn signal flasher, and i used the hazards to locate the pair.. i never bothered screwing it back where it belonged, either. i had contorted my hands enough spending 3 hours trying to find it.. gee, the more I think the more i remember how many times i got mad and had to walk away from that one... until I thought to try using the other blinker :- )

Oh, and you should be able to buy a new one at pep boys/autozone/napa/who the fuji ever for under ten bucks or so.. but I would get the old one out first, and have it in hand when you walk in the store.

And I somehow doubt any talk of flasher fluid was actually intended to be taken as an attempt to pull any wool over any eyes, just some good natured jackassery :-p

We ain't what you call "normal" 'round these parts, y'see....:banana:

Unless the flasher contacts are fused together.......

nipper

• 3 weeks later...
It seems no matter what we do, we can't find the damn thing. Is it possible for anyone to show a diagram of it? Of EXACTLY where its at? Why is it so hard?!!

Go to the dealer and ask at the parts counter, they should be able to show you.

nipper

Go to the dealer and ask at the parts counter, they should be able to show you.

nipper

We actually took it down to a Subaru Automotive shop in town, and they told us it was one of two places. My dad spent another 2 hrs or so looking for it, in both of those places. No Luck.

Here I am...on the message board, begging for anyone who has some detailed explanation of where the flasher is in a 1991 Subaru Loyale 4WD Wagon!

All 4 signals light up, but none actually flash. When I turn on the hazards, they still dont flash.

Where can I fix this?

Im going crazy. I have had my dad look at it, he can't find where to replace the flasher, and we have also called the Dealers, they said they werent exactly sure. We took it down, they said its in 1 of 2 places, my dad spent an extra 2 hours looking, still no luck.

Help, Anyone?

And if you have a graphic that shows where its at on the car...i love you 100x more! lol

did you find the small panel with the four relays on it? I believe it should be on that. If you're sitting in the drivers seat, if you were to reach under the dash naturally with your left hand, that's where it should be. Now obviously, you won't be able to that, but that's where it should be. It is not mounted to the firewall side either, it's mounted to the dash, opposite the firewall.

To find the bad one, I'd start unplugging them one at a time. Two are for each headlight, so if the HL stops working, you found that relay(s).

Oh yea, if you have a loyal, and not a legacy, this is the right forum.

-Dave

did you find the small panel with the four relays on it? I believe it should be on that. If you're sitting in the drivers seat, if you were to reach under the dash naturally with your left hand, that's where it should be. Now obviously, you won't be able to that, but that's where it should be. It is not mounted to the firewall side either, it's mounted to the dash, opposite the firewall.

To find the bad one, I'd start unplugging them one at a time. Two are for each headlight, so if the HL stops working, you found that relay(s).

Oh yea, if you have a loyal, and not a legacy, this is the right forum.

-Dave

Never sure where a 1991 goes as we have had them on the new gen forum too. But this guys been hurting for info i figured il'd have him post there as well.

nipper

Thanks Nipper. That is indeed the part I bought to replace...if I could only find out where it is on my dang Subaru Loyale...

Start by looking at the back of the fuse panel and left kick panel. Look for something that looks exactly the same. There wont be too many of them. Pull is ouy, tunr on your signals, they should not work with flasher out.

nipper

Here I am...on the message board, begging for anyone who has some detailed explanation of where the flasher is in a 1991 Subaru Loyale 4WD Wagon!

[...]

Where can I fix this?

[...]

According to the AutoZone website:

Component Locations - Flasher grey_line.gif

On your 1991 Subaru Loyale, the Component Locations - Flasher is:

Front seating area, driver side, under dash, above

brake pedal, mounted in steering column support

bracket