Ultimate Subaru Message Board

IMMEDIATE ATTENTION NEEDED, ORV opinion poll-time sensitive

chazmataz

hey everybody, this is a copy of a post from the NW Wheelers forum that i everybody on this forum that wheels/offroads should know about and help out with especially all the northern members but also for us southern members. we should all be united in these matters and hepl one another out. anyway this will be ending very soon so help out, i've gone and voted.

reposted from NW Wheelers Forum:

The Port Townsend Leader is doing an opinion poll on a proposed ORV Trail System in Quilcene.

At this point in time the cons outnumber the pros big time.

Please take 2 seconds to respond to the poll, here is the link to the PNW forum that has more info...

http://www.pnw4wda.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3137

Once you get to the on-line newspaper, you can find the poll in the left column near the bottom.

Please, please act on this ASAP. We have been working hard to get more space to play and it would suck to loose this area.

ok, well i guess either its not important to people or maybe you are voting and just not letting people know. if so thats cool if not come and vote it won't hurt you, its just a poll.

but i just got home from work and there has been 36 views but only 2 votes from this forum both me and heep voted from the post on another 4 wheeling forum. just to let you know if you read this and don't vote this effects us all even if its not in your state right now it could be tomorrow. we need to come together as a whole to keep these places open and to possibly get new ones otherwise you could be lifting your rig for no reason.

come on guys don't let the tree huggers win. VOTE

well, I'm not going to vote, because it's very specific to the area.

BUT, I doubt you'll get much support here. I made a simple request to use caution when posting pics of WCSS, and I was insulted, and the posts deleted. many of the members here don't care what happens to the sport in the future :-\

BUT, I doubt you'll get much support here. I made a simple request to use caution when posting pics of WCSS, and I was insulted, and the posts deleted. many of the members here don't care what happens to the sport in the future :-\

this is within 15 minutes of my house, it would be excelent to not have to drive so far to wheel:headbang: so id appreciate the help from anyone on the planet!! dont just stand by because you live far away:-\

This is from jeepgirl2 on the PNW website.

"The results were published in the 1-10-2007 Port Townsend Leader news papper in news print only format the graph only goes to 60% and starts at 0% to 10% to 20% to 30% to 40% to 50% and finaly to 60%

The results are in for the online poll from last weeks online poll question "What should be the next step in considering an off-highway-vehcile trail system near Quilcene" as the poll title was printed and headlined per the Port Twonsend Leader last week and again this week in the actual printed edition of the Port Townsend Leader.

totals are as follows:

693 votes 60% (or more as graph only goes to the 60% in the paper)we need one so let's address noise, enviromental problems and get on with it .

5 votes or less than 5% for I'm opposed to it ,but I think it needs a lot more study.

11 votes or less than 5% for We nshould establish one ,but current sites are inappropiate.

and 452 votes or just under 40% for It just insn't needed and the community has spoken. Stop all Planning.

Again this is the final votes for this online poll with a total of 1161 tatal votes recieved and calculated .

Thanks you all for taking your time and for being involved in recreation."

Then why post?

BUT, I doubt you'll get much support here. I made a simple request to use caution when posting pics of WCSS, and I was insulted, and the posts deleted.

One post. It was asking that we would not post pics of us romping around in a horse corrall, in a controlled environment. Left field.

many of the members here don't care what happens to the sport in the future :-\

Including you, or you'd lend a hand and vote to help create a legal place in the Quilicene area.

I'm personally psyched to perhaps get an ORV park going in that area. My Father's cabin is pretty close, so playing there will be convenient. I lived in Quilicene as a kid for a few years.