Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wow, never knew how special the SVX is, but still i prefer the looks of my 93 legacy wagon.

That car however, it reminds me of a, hmm, whats the name of it!!!!!!!!! I think its by plymouth:confused:

HETHAN!!!!

BE BANNED TO THE PLYMOUTH LIST!

(hehehehehe)

nipper

Im defintly gonna own an SVX someday, can someone explian the whole window in window thing, and how annoying or nice it is? I dont see its entire point

i think it was a door design issue, so thats the only way they couldnt make the window roll down, and less or no wind noise.

Im defintly gonna own an SVX someday, can someone explian the whole window in window thing, and how annoying or nice it is? I dont see its entire point

Click on the link, its all descirbed in there, the design and inception of the car.

nipper

Thanks for posting that. Very informative and entertaining. As a long-time and loyal Legacy owner, I found that very interesting. -sq93 :)

I found this on the net, sorry if you have dailup it will be very painful. It's a bit annoying, but its Road and Track's analysis of the SVX.

http://www.svx-iw.com/svxiw/road_track/

makes me want to go out and get one.

nipper

I took Hocrests Princess around the block one day ( his SVX) I dont ever want handed they keys to one of them ever again....pure joy and love...absolutely amazing..If I had one I would get in too much trouble. But I feel that before getting one they should be fully researched..LeakingOil has told me the down falls of having one (either hard to get parts for or just incredably expensive). But I still say..one of the most amazing cars ever built

ILeakingOil has told me the down falls of having one (either hard to get parts for or just incredably expensive). But I still say..one of the most amazing cars ever built

why do those words always have go together :(

incredibly expensive (parts) and incredible car

nipper

Here's my $.02 -

The window in a window takes some getting used to with the black trim that separates the two sections of glass. One you adjust to that (only took me a few days) it's fine. You can have the window down and you don't get a lot of buffeting like you do in a "normal" car.

For me the PITA for me is drive thru windows and toll booths....but that's because I have Orangutan arms......aside from that, this is by far the best car that I have ever owned. My first (a 92)was totalled due to an accident. I got my second (a 95) 5 years ago and have every intention of being buried in it.

check out www.subaru-svx.net for more info......there's one guy there with 12 SVX's at last count.......

My take:

THe SVX is more of an experience than a car. I know that sounds cheesy but it is true. There is nothing like sitting back in the deep leather seats; stereo booming (they have great stock stereos) cruising 100 on the HWY.

I am still amazed how inexpensive these cars are in the market; remember that this was $35k new. The fact that there were only 15k imported to begin with and a lot of people part them out as they become too expensive to fix.

That being said, I would recommend that a SVX be a second car, not your get to work and and groceries vehicle. Also, be very selective in purchasing one, and don't buy one from a used car lot. These go at auctions fairly cheaply and these guys hae no idea what they are dealing with. I test drove one at a car lot and immediately I could hear the front diff grinding, the salesman tried to convince me it was the common Subaru CV problem and he would deduct $200 for a new one. I looked at least 10 SVX's over a period of 4 years before I bought mine. I had actually given up the search.

I finally got mine from the original owner who had documented every penny that he had put into car. It was worth the wait.

The svx is a very good car my friend has four of them and they all run great. The only major problem with them is the diff usually takes a crap on them. other then that there just like any other subaru really depenable. I would love to have one but they are hard to come by in the york pa area.

The svx is a very good car my friend has four of them and they all run great. The only major problem with them is the diff usually takes a crap on them. other then that there just like any other subaru really depenable. I would love to have one but they are hard to come by in the york pa area.
You got that right! And when they do, they go for lots of money :(.